Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Someone to help starting dreads? (Twist 'n Rip method) (Hawaii, Portland, west coast...)

Nikolas
@nikolas
13 years ago
4 posts

Hi, I'm Nikolas from Finland. I'm traveling in N-America at the moment and would like to get dreadlocks. I've thought about it many times before. I do like my long hair, but I don't like combing or taking care of it. I like change anyway. I want to try the Twist 'n Rip method.

Is there anyone, who would like to help me with this method? I'm super easy going and love to meet new people! I'll be in Hawaii for two weeks from Thursday onward. Afterwards I'll be in Portland, then a road trip along the west coast. Do you have any suggestions how to find someone to help in my dreading journey?

More pictures (though none with hair open)

updated by @nikolas: 02/14/15 08:56:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why not do it yourself its super easy and fast or better yet since u hate combing just dont comb and grow natural dreads

but if your dead set on twist and rip you can do it yourself super easy

i do have a freind in pkortland who can help u tho a member of this site too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

ive heard of others who did themselves and it took them like 10 hrs but i did my own in less then 3 hrs.

plus when you do your own you know if your pulling to hard or anything, good luck on your new journey

Nikolas
@nikolas
13 years ago
4 posts

soaringeagle said:

why not do it yourself its super easy and fast or better yet since u hate combing just dont comb and grow natural dreads

but if your dead set on twist and rip you can do it yourself super easy

i do have a freind in pkortland who can help u tho a member of this site too

SE3, could you give me his contact information? I do want to try tnr, and I'd be really happy if someone helped me out!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
her but ull

--
Nikolas
@nikolas
13 years ago
4 posts
What? Who?

soaringeagle said:
her but ull
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
I live in portland (Oregon right?) and I would be happy to do your dreads :) Feel free to message me if you haven't already found someone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
whoa didnt see it got scrambled ui typed "her--but i'll send her this post so she can contact you' but it got screwed up

--
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
i live in portland man. im i know how to do dreads by just about every method, i twisted and riped mine to start w. so i would love to do yours. not sure when your going to be out here but i live here. and ya lol heres my cell 971 237 8218. hit me up. my name is emily. iv had dreads for 6 months :) and iv done a few pples before and they loved them :) let me know
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
im the one soaring eagle is talking about btw :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form