Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreads are babies :) and are flattening :/

Jay Edwards
@jay-edwards
13 years ago
6 posts
Hi dreadheads!ok, so.. i started my dreads just before christmas. i made about 8. and i made another 7 5 days ago. i still need to finish the rest of my head.ok. right. during the christmas holiday. i slept alot, as one does. haha.and i was feeling around the back my head and some of my dreads are getting quite flat...is this something i should be concerned about, because i want nice cylindrical dreads. but i understand, that my hair is going to do what it wants to do. i was just wondering, are they flattening out because they are still very loosely locked? will they get more cylindrical over time?thanks for the help. would be really appreicated :)peace <3
updated by @jay-edwards: 01/13/15 08:53:04PM
mea
@mea
13 years ago
23 posts
no need to worry, that's what they do :) they will get rounder by time. though I do have some mature flat ones, but not too much, nothing to worry about. if u r really concerned, u can try wrapping them up for the night (never done that myself, but I've seen some ppl write about it on this site).
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
yep that's just what they do when they are babies. I'm at 9 months and some of mine are just starting to round out and some did a while ago. They'll do lots of crazy things in the next year so try not to worry!
Jay Edwards
@jay-edwards
13 years ago
6 posts
thank you so much. i was so excited to get feedback xDi simply cannot wait till i finish my whole head.i will be around for a while :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
keep us updated with some pics when you finish your whole head and then some more pics as they progress (we love pics!) Congrats on your journey and many blessings!

Jay Edwards said:
thank you so much. i was so excited to get feedback xD
i simply cannot wait till i finish my whole head.
i will be around for a while :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form