Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose roots

Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
I have twist and ripped dreads, just a few days old. The roots are getting looser and looser though. One I have to take outcompletelyand re dobecauseonly a few inches are actually dreaded now. What am I doingwrong?
updated by @macrina: 01/13/15 08:52:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
what you are doing wrong is takinmg them out and redoing them dont..leave em alone its perfectly normal to be exactly like that it takes months not days to dread upright

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
You're doing nothing wrong. Twist and rip doesn't create dreads. It helps you form a starting base, but only time can help you have dreads.Once you twist and rip, don't re-do it. Keep your dreads clean, separate when needed (so as congos don't form) and leave your hair to do it's own thing.All you need is time.
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
So they will dread back upTOWARDSto root? I just didn't know. Thanks.

soaringeagle said:
what you are doing wrong is takinmg them out and redoing them dont..leave em alone its perfectly normal to be exactly like that it takes months not days to dread upright
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
OK, I'll stop sweating it then. Thanks :)

Jeffree Vega. said:
You're doing nothing wrong. Twist and rip doesn't create dreads. It helps you form a starting base, but only time can help you have dreads.

Once you twist and rip, don't re-do it. Keep your dreads clean, separate when needed (so as congos don't form) and leave your hair to do it's own thing.

All you need is time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yup sure do but takes a good while

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
Yeah, they will.Most people that use a starting method like twist and rip or backcombing find that they loosen up, some even coming right out, but that is just the gaur moving and fixing itself so it can turn itself into nice, tight dreads.Don't worry, dreads will happen. You just need patience (:

Alia Heise said:
So they will dread back upTOWARDSto root? I just didn't know. Thanks.

soaringeagle said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form