Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads in Japan Manga now?? Seems people are looking up to the Dread Society FINALLY!

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts

Well I've been reading a lot of manga (Japanese comic books) and lately I've been noticing a lot of dreadlocked main characters, and villain characters.

For example

Agon Kongo (eyeshield 21): He is a villain-ish character. The manga is about football, but he has this very....evil aura and only cares about getting laid and etc. They call him Dread head, or Reggae head when they insult him it's funny.

Ryouma (Peacemaker): idk if he is a good guy or bad guy....never read it.

Izumi-sensi(Full MetalAlchemist): She is actually the teacher to the two Main characters Ed and Al

Bob (tenjou tenge): He is a good guy who fights with theBrazilian Capoeira, One of my favorite characters too.

Ball(666 Satan): Weird name for a manga....never read it but yeah...lol another DREAD

Yeah.....I just thought it was cool :)

I'm glad they don't put them together with marijuana either. Dreads don't mean you smoke -___-

I just wanted to give you guys a cool little fun fact :)

updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i love full meta alchemist haha but yea thats very true

another thing tho is very few charachters in japanese cartoons seem very japanese (except the names)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
Yeah that's because it'd be weird if they all had slanted eyes and such. So they make the Japanese but give them american features.The only thing I don't like about the dreads they give each character....they are all round, blunted tip fatties. There are no natural dreads D:

soaringeagle said:

i love full meta alchemist haha but yea thats very true

another thing tho is very few charachters in japanese cartoons seem very japanese (except the names)

Fabian Doerfler
@fabian-doerfler
12 years ago
1 posts

This iframe is not allowed DREADLOCKS MANGA

*G**I**R**L**S*by*RAPPEL**THE**MACHINE*

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts
I think the reason the tips are blunted is because manga/anime hair is piecey anyways so it's hard to tell if they have some natural dreadies or not
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form