Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help please

Sarah Perigo
@sarah-perigo
14 years ago
4 posts

I hav just started my dreadlocks 4 days ago for the 2nd time round, the first time i got rid of them to look for work (biggest regret ever)

This time i am really, really annoyed, I have no help, no bands to seperate just string, no products, my dreads are all different sizes and i mean i have some really scraggly ones and then ones that are about as wide as 2 fingers...

I just cut a fringe in and that went awful...

I am soo stressed right now, i'd love some help =(

I honestly feel like just brushing them all out again

updated by @sarah-perigo: 01/13/15 08:52:11PM
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts

you really shouldn't be using rubber bands or string to keep things separated in the first place, so try not to worry there :)

as for products, all that is really necessary is to keep them clean, which can be done with a baking soda/apple cider vinegar (acv) wash.

what method did you start your dreads with? t&r, natural, backcombing, etc.

Sarah Perigo
@sarah-perigo
14 years ago
4 posts
T&Ring ... i'm so stressed..
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
also, having dreads of different sizes isn't really an issue either, unless you'd like them all to be about the same size, which i think you could deal with when they start to lock up a bit, and either combine or separate some to get some uniformity in there.try not to worry! all that's really required of you to get awesome dreads is a lot of patience, keeping them clean and residue free, and separating to prevent them all congoing together :)
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
don't stress! just leave them alone for now, and let them do what they were meant to do :) out of curiosity, how did you start your first set, and how long before you combed them out?

Sarah Perigo said:
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts

Do nothing :)

4 days is early days...Id say if you get a hat and dont think about it youll be far happier :)

Karen

Sarah Perigo
@sarah-perigo
14 years ago
4 posts

im feeling better now ive put them all up in a hat... i'm trying not to worry but my last set were so perfect. i backcombed them, and had them for 3/4 months. this time i hardly had any hair left from taking them out so i made big sections just incase and some are really big and i didnt expect it..

thanks for the advice so far

meg said:

don't stress! just leave them alone for now, and let them do what they were meant to do :) out of curiosity, how did you start your first set, and how long before you combed them out?

Sarah Perigo said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

u shouldnt have made big sections how many dreads u got

dreading should never be stressful thats why going natural is so wonderful its totaly stress free

just stop everythung seperate the huge ones into smaller ones and leave em alone

how stressful is doing nothing? thats the way dreading should be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form