Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Good wax removal tips

Lord Panzer
@lord-panzer
15 years ago
12 posts
I myself were stupid enought to wax my locks... but the second i did it i regretted the decision, and wanted to remove the shit from my locks.This thread is for dreadheads who made the bad decision of waxing their dreads, and contains tips for how to properly remove it.Personally, i grabbed a bottle of green soap, the same soap you use for washing floors and sutch, and used it as shampoo. Worked really well, I used it every time i washed my hair until the bottle was empty, and it managed to get all the wax away so my dreads looked good again. The best part of it was that the thing were resiude free, and dryed the hair so it locked up good and thight. And to top it, it smelled like pine needle!:D
updated by @lord-panzer: 01/13/15 08:26:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
theres 3 ways wax can be removed..not 1 way is guarranteed to do the job completelyits recommended that if your in the 1st 3 weeks you comb em out dewax and start over fresh..if yoir several months in just do the best ya canmethod 1 heat..be very careful u need a temp over 140 f a sustained temp that stays hot enough to melt it outdippiny in near bioling water (very careful not to drip on u wear thick rubber gloves to protect hawnds) let it sit in the hot warter a minute then squeeze out the melted gunk.. at best u might get 70-80%method 2 emulsiphying in soap;..i heard dawn dish soap works well.. but iu need a hell of alot of soap to remove a lil wax..again no guarantee of 100%method 3 dissolving it theres an all natural industrial strength citrus based product cal;led "dissolve it" that dissolves glue tar cault adhesives all sortsof stuff u can try thst but test it 1st to be sure it dont dissolve hair too it shouldnt but i never tested itotherwoiise u can mske a home mswde version, the deep cleanse (baking soda) mix with orange oil (esential oil) or grapefruit..or u can use orange or grapefruite juice (unsweatened prefferable home squeezed) but if u use juice u need alot more as the oilsare super stronga combo of all 3 aee best..and many repeats even long after u believe u got it all..also..ber agressive when u use the 2nd method..scrub like crazuy ..for hours even..ive seen ppl scrub over and over for 10-12 hiurs and use 3 full bottles of soap and stuill not be 100% sure it was all gone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form