Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just beginning

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts
I am so glad I had a friend refer me to this site when I decided to begin my dreadlocking journey. I began dreadlocking about 3-4 weeks ago I am doing the neglect method and have very course, thick curly hair that likes to dread on its own anyways and have began to get a couple really nice established dreads formed, still a fuzzy mess in the back but it's doing its thing. I am enjoying this journey as I have wanted to dread for many years and finally have taken the plunge! Just wanted to say how much many of your discussions have helped me in my decisions and expectations of what is going to happen. I do however end up wearing a bandana most days because they are still messy, could this be affecting the way they will form? Wasn't sure if maybe this is why they are more fuzzy in the back or if it's just one of those things, also wasn't sure if it would affect anything else, I generally only take the bandana off at this point to sleep and shower (giving proper time to dry as well with it off) and laze around the house.
updated by @shanxon-lemasters: 01/13/15 08:49:08PM
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
Welcome to the site! Can't wait for pics! :DBandanas and hats actually help them dread! Wool is the best. Wearing a wool tam at night when you sleep, or just covering your pillow case with a wool sweater or something will help a ton. I've noticed HUGE differences since I started with my wool tam.Good luck!Peace
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the only concern with the bandana all the time is bundling them up and encouraging them to congo so u might just need to seperate em much more often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts
Thank you for the tips! I totally will be wearing my wool tam at night now, and I keep seperating them to make sure they don't bunch up, thanks again!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form