Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NanNoWriMo?!

Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
Hii! I haven't started a discussion before soo here goes :)I was wondering whether anyone here was doing NanNoWriMo this year? For those who don't know it's National Novel Writing Month and the gist is you try to write 50k words in the month of November which is roughly 1667 words a day!!Anyone can join and it is really good for someone who loves writing, it is a huge but rewarding challenge :DFor those who isn't doing it but are interested heres the link to the site :) www.nanowrimo.org
updated by @hannah-clarke: 01/13/15 08:48:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bla bla bla bla blaweell i could do that alot faster if the b l and a were all in a row and i just mindlessly tapped em all day but umm what the point in this?write as many words as u can as fast as u can with no purpose at all?ah wait there are enough letters in a row to write a word over and over all those times a a a a a a a a a aa a a a aa aa aa a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a aor the really self absorbed version when your writting is just so important i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i iwhy is there a month to waist writting meanningless jibberish?why not take a year and write something proufoundly meanuingful?i rewally see no point in this at allis it a typing contest?after u waste thye month does anything ever get read?are u wasting poor dead trees or doing it digitaly just to click delete a week laterscrew that id rather write somrthing right then just write alot just to say i wrote alota better challange would be to read 30 novels in the month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
I'll summarise, basically it's there for people who have always wanted to write a novel but are scared to waste the time writing something that could turn out to be awful. To let your creative side flow and keep building rather then endlessly re reading and tearing down.
Once you've finished (digitally I might add) You have to send it to a verifier who checks the work and makes sure that you haven't just randomly hit the keyboard. I also helps raise funds for young writers programs, and by the end of the month you can say you are a novelist, which not many people can say.
I think it's a good way to get motivated with a novel, because of course you can go back in December and edit it then but you will have the initial ideas down.
You clearly disagree, each to there own I suppose
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form