Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP! half a head of waxy dreads and no avena originals in uk.

jodi
@jodi
14 years ago
14 posts
Hi,its difficult to write because I'm panicking so much. My boyfriend has spent hours and hours putting dreads in using DREADHEAD HQ products. He's half way through but they didn't feel right or look how I expected.Then I came across this site and am wondering what on earth to do. I want this wax OUT it sounds like bad news. Feeling pretty stupid for not doing more research but everything I had come across used the wax technique.I live in the UK and AVENA ORIGINALS are not available over here and don't ship internationally. I really don't know what to do and was hoping someone could suggest something or some equivalent wax removal. They have only been waxed once but I don't think it will comb out.PLEASE HELP
updated by @jodi: 01/13/15 08:48:32PM
Tom Twedd
@tom-twedd
14 years ago
28 posts
Some people Iron them out, but if you do that be really careful not to burn your head.
Just be patient. Dont worry, a lot of people make that mistake !Have a look through all the forums im sure you'll find some thing, and if they've just been done, get in the bath put a ton of conditioner in your hair, comb the dreads out and start again. If you have the patience, natural is almost always best, and if not, i had good experiences with twist and rip. If you dont how to do it, message me or something i'll tell you.One heart x
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
try unscented dish soap.
jodi
@jodi
14 years ago
14 posts
thanks for everyone's tips so far. The thing is I only have half a head done. So will I be able to comb out the dreads once the wax is removed and start on a more natural route? Will my hair be ok combing out the wax?

Janine said:
One of the best methods to remove wax and other impurities from your hair is to make an Apple Cidar Vinegar rinse. You should be able to get it from your grocery store. I believe the recipe is about... a couple cups of water to like a capful or two of ACV? Just remember, don't get trigger happy with the vinegar because it is an acid and too much can ruin your hair. You may have to do this more than once about every two or three weeks or so to get it ALL out. Someone twisted my hair with beeswax and I used that... It really helped to get my hair soft but I had to comb them out and shampooed a bunch to get that out :[ It was Murray's Beeswax.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it will comb out and combing out and starting over is the best thing u can domelt ouit as much as yu can then use alotta conditioners and comb thrm out then use dawn dish soap to scrub out any remaining residuesthen sta5t overu might want to concider going natural then insteead of backcomb or twist and rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wellbackcombing itself is damagingcombing out backcombed hairs dammagingyour hair will be ok enough to dread but not nearly ashealthy if u went natural from the startwill it matter? not a whole lot the real problem is if u add damage to damage and do all the other crap those sites suggestyou'll have alot of split ends and u might even lose a handfullbut its ok

jodi allen said:
thanks for everyone's tips so far. The thing is I only have half a head done. So will I be able to comb out the dreads once the wax is removed and start on a more natural route? Will my hair be ok combing out the wax?

Janine said:
One of the best methods to remove wax and other impurities from your hair is to make an Apple Cidar Vinegar rinse. You should be able to get it from your grocery store. I believe the recipe is about... a couple cups of water to like a capful or two of ACV? Just remember, don't get trigger happy with the vinegar because it is an acid and too much can ruin your hair. You may have to do this more than once about every two or three weeks or so to get it ALL out. Someone twisted my hair with beeswax and I used that... It really helped to get my hair soft but I had to comb them out and shampooed a bunch to get that out :[ It was Murray's Beeswax.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jodi
@jodi
14 years ago
14 posts
thanks for everyone's support. I have combed out my waxy dreads and am going to start again, it feels like the best thing to do. It's been a bit of a learning curve and I feel lucky to come across this site. Thanks so much for all you people working to get out decent information on dreads. I don't feel like I made an informed choice but having had a taste of dreads I feel more sure about doing it but with more patience. Thanks again for all the great information.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form