Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just started locking

Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts
ok i just started dreading and i am having problems with my comb coils unraveling at the roots. i was wandering how i can make my comb coils tighter so they dont unravel. Also should i re twist every time they get really loose?
updated by @aaron-culpepper: 01/13/15 08:48:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono they are suposed to get loose so they can dread if u retwist constantly they'll twist right off and be lying in the floorjust leave em alone to dreadonly time u should ever retwist is if they fall apart completelyjust give them time thats alland do not go back to the salon or loctiician..just let em dread also if they told u not to wash ..ignore ekm u wanjna wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your at 2 weeks they will get looser and looser the 1st 2 months before starting to get tighterthey gotta loosen to knot so let em

--
Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts
thanks for the help since i started them my self i didnt know if they were suppose to unravel but now i will leave them alone and let them lock up
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea no worriesonly if they fa;ll apart completelyu never had to start with twists at all its mostly just for defining the sections

--
Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts
also i have read once i get new growth i should retwist is it true or what else should i do?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no thats not truethat will weaken the dreads even cause em to breala d gives u that ugly bald spots all around emjust do nothing new growth will take care of itself1 it protects the scalp from sun damage2 it will dread on its own either joining an existing drewad or becomming a new drewad3 retwisting constantly causes scalp trauma traction alpecia can be nasty and cause permenant scalp damage or bald spotstoo much twisting can cause severely weak roots even cause them to breaku never gotta do nothing about new growth

--
Aaron Culpepper
@aaron-culpepper
14 years ago
9 posts
also is it ok to palm roll my hair?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form