Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread bands?

Mark
@mark
14 years ago
22 posts
Hey guys, I've been looking for some "dread bands" lately, although I haven't had much luck in my area. I found a couple on the internet that took my fancy, but I'm not too keen on forking out $20 for dreadheadhq (below) ... :-|

I was just wondering if any of you guys make some that I'd be able to buy, or if you know of anyone who makes them. Cheers!
updated by @mark: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i think there are some in our shops if not any of the crafters can custom make 1 for ya

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mark
@mark
14 years ago
22 posts
Thanks man, I'll look into it.I checked out the trade discussion area aswell, and I have to say, top site brother! I hope to see more from it in the future! :-)
Mark
@mark
14 years ago
22 posts
Cheers, I just checked it out, they have some great stuff!

Knottysleeves said:
There are TONS of dread bands on Etsy.com.

They're also pretty simple to make if you know crochet (it's not hard to learn).
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
That particular dread band looks as though it's made with rows of double crochet stitches... possibly with a space between the stitches. And I'd almost bet that it's acrylic yarn, in which case you can make that same dread band with 3$ a crochet hook (I'd say size H or I) and some knowledge of basic crochet stitches (youtube). All you'd have to do is lay a foundation chain that's as wide as you'd like the band to be, and then keep adding rows of double crochet stitches until it's big enough to fit around your head. Join the ending row to the base row, sew in loose ends and voila! Dread band.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form