Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yet a few more random questions bout dreads.

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Hello folks,So i read in a internet article that supposedly trimming the ends of your dreads could cause them to unravel, is this so? Reason i ask is cause my job is cool with dreads long as they are shoulder length (which i found suprising here in happy valley frickin utah) . So whats the deal? Also, i have had aloe Vera reccomended to me in place of wax when starting dreads. Problem is, like someone mentioned on here aloe vera dries my african hair out bad, so whats a fella to do?I preciate it folks and happy october.P.s. I was considering doing the double twist method for starting my dreads, anyone know how long hair should be for this method?
updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:47:21PM
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
Yup. Trimming the ends can cause them to unravel but they will seal back up. Your whole loc won't unravel though.You can try aloe vera to start them...it may work well for you and is better than wax. My hair hates aloe but my hair is funny like that LOL.If you are going to double strand twist your hair, it can be as long as you need for the twist to stay and not unravel in a day.How long is your hair now?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you do not need to replace wax since u never want wax at all and aloe vera is only drying when its not purte aloe vera u want aloe with nothing else in itand yea trimming will unravek the tops but in african hair that wont be an issue anywaybut he really cant make u cut if its againsy yoir beliefsand 2 strands i dunnio

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Thanks for the replies. My hair is..i dunno from the top of my scalp to the tip of my nose however long approx maybe 5-6 inches? I looked for pure aloe vera gel in the health food store closest thing i got was one that was like 99% pure, though it was a brownish color not clear. Does the purity of the aloe vera reflect a certain color?And yes, the horrors of using wax are well documented so i wouldnt use that anyways.
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
usually aloe changes colors throughout the years (thats what the bottle said o.O) but my advice to you is that whenever you use a moisturizer, especially anything water based (im sure aloe vera has a lil water in it most plants need water to survive) be sure to seal that moisture with an oil especially with our african hair because it tends to be drier.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form