Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

super soft dreadlocks have become an addiction

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i'm addicted to making my dreadlocks super soft. to make my dreadlocks sofdt as can be i've been adding alot of oils to mt baking soda acv wash.typically , 1 dropperful of rosemary, a full dropper thats a mix of teatree pepermingt and lavander, 2 squirts of the body splash, and then for the extra extra softness 1/2 to a full dropper full of jojoba, and a squirt of africas best hair oils. yea it sounds like alot and sorta is (i follow with maylees garden bar to remove oiliness from the roots)my dreads are so unimaginably softthe roots feel like well have you ever pet a chinchila? that soft yet somehow still dreading fairly well.i worry im over doing it but it feels so amazing i just cant care :)i mighy skip the africas best and jojoba next timebut im just so in love with the softness i might end up using some anywayi think its funny newbies are so obsessed with tightness and now im getting obsessed with softnesscandleheads brag "my dreads were rock hard in 3 months" & i feel like sayin "oh yea? well mine are soft as cottonballs at 20 years" lolonly prob is i cant stop feeling the super soft roots :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
oh lolawesome!I might start using oils, only 4ish months into crochet recovery and there is still a brillo pad feel to parts of my dreads that never un-dreaded :-/ i love my dreads but softer is an aim for me too!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jojoba or africas best or both will do wonders for ya

--
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i don't think i should do oils just yet, my hair is naturally soft, and even now, it feels soft, tangly as hell, but soft, i'd like them to lock a bit more before i worry about oils..unless some oils will help with locking...but for now, BS is good with me.
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
So far my hair has been locking up fine. I have been using the Africa's best since I started in June. Recently I purchased some 100% tea tree and 100% peppermint oil for my baking soda wash and I love it its super refreshing. My hair seems to be staying pretty damn soft as well I like :D lol
Jon2
@jon2
14 years ago
25 posts
Sounds like that would make me obsess over my hair even more Lol
petros kefallinos
@petros-kefallinos
11 years ago
6 posts

i did this and seriously it is amazing! not to mention the perfect smell of my dreads through the day! :)

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

whats the africas best consist of? i would love to make mine softer after the ends get knotted up better

petros kefallinos
@petros-kefallinos
11 years ago
6 posts

i didnt used this ingredient because i didnt knew from where i could get it! i only used the oils and jojoba... is the body splash that thing that is for the body ? .. i got confused lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the body splash was a wax remover before we got wax b gone wich works way better

the ingredients you can get anywhere they sell food

common cooking ingredients

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form