Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A new knotty boy in need of advice ^^

Edouard
@edouard
14 years ago
21 posts
Heya,I'm Edouard, 22 y.o., french, and "dreaded" since 25th of August 2010.I have been reading heaps of discussions on this forum and finally decided to be part of it hehe.Better than creating a new discussion I'll use this one and hope that you guys can help me.Is this possible that my hair doesn't want to lock up? I now that I am only in my second month of locking and that dreadlocks need time but honestly if I had done'em yesterday it would be the same...My hair type is thick (numerous and size) and straight. Lenght with no locks 20 cm or so. I did'em myself with twist and crochet method. My routine is washing'em once a week with a bar soap (I gonna try the BS and ACV soon) and chochet'em after 4 or 5 washes (once a month). So yeah basically I would like to know if it is possible that my hair type can't lock up?Or if I only need time, time, time... ;pThanks.
updated by @edouard: 01/13/15 08:46:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u need to stop crocherting them crochet is so destructive and u gotta switch soaps then they will dread finebut u got to throw away the crochet hook and never touch it again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Edouard
@edouard
14 years ago
21 posts
Thanks for the reply.That is the kinda reply I was expecting my problem is after 3 or 4 shampoos... my dreadies are removed half way...I'll try what you say and I was already thinking of letting'em be hehe. soaringeagle said:
u need to stop crocherting them crochet is so destructive and u gotta switch soaps then they will dread fine
but u got to throw away the crochet hook and never touch it again
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whats the bar soap your washing withim siure thats the problem..and the damage caused by crochetswirch to baking soda and leave em bea wool hat or pillowcase helps alot

--
Edouard
@edouard
14 years ago
21 posts
The soap that I'm using is the cheapest that you can find in any supermarket, white, no smell and apparently no residu. I already got a tam and I wear it often. I'll ask my girlfriend for stocking and sleep with it on my locks, I remember reading something about it.I am not an a*ss licker but thanks again for your replies and involvment, so glad to find people like you. soaringeagle said:
whats the bar soap your washing with
im siure thats the problem..and the damage caused by crochet

swirch to baking soda and leave em be
a wool hat or pillowcase helps alot
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono dont sleep in a stockingand dont use that soap..baking soda would be better and cheaper but that soap i guarantee has residues and is too conditioning and is the reasonn your dreads arent dreading

--
Edouard
@edouard
14 years ago
21 posts
Ok I'll try that ;)I know it was done, said and written x hundred times on the forum but could you quickly tell me what is the best mix for BS and ACV please?Cheers soaringeagle said:
nonono dont sleep in a stocking

and dont use that soap..
baking soda would be better and cheaper but that soap i guarantee has residues and is too conditioning and is the reasonn your dreads arent dreading
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 tablespoon per cup both the bs and acv (2 seperate mizxes dont mix emj rince bs b4 applying acv)oils a couple drops per cupteatree less then rosemaryetcper gallon1/3 cup bs acv 10 drops teatree 30 rosemaryjust to give u a bulk ideabut u wanna only make what u use right awaynot mix and store

--
Edouard
@edouard
14 years ago
21 posts
Thanks a lot soaringeagle said:
1 tablespoon per cup both the bs and acv (2 seperate mizxes dont mix emj rince bs b4 applying acv)
oils a couple drops per cup
teatree less then rosemary
etc
per gallon
1/3 cup bs acv 10 drops teatree 30 rosemary
just to give u a bulk idea
but u wanna only make what u use right away
not mix and store
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form