Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello in the UK

Gem Winter
@gem-winter
14 years ago
3 posts
hey all, im only 6 months into my dreads, and the longer I have them, the more i love them! An aspiring hairdresser, focusing on more slightly alternative styles, always looking for people to practise on! anyone in the uk out there? even dreadheads from outside uk are welcome to msg me, am always open and on the lookout for helpful hints and tips! on just abt anything hair or dread related! So go on and msg me!!
updated by @gem-winter: 01/13/15 08:46:05PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i live in uk.... but way too far from u...:) but the village on a scottish border sounds very romantic ...probably is only when u r on holiday... but yeah...im open to any chat or friendship anytime..;) take it easy!
Gem Winter
@gem-winter
14 years ago
3 posts
Hi! nice to meet another fellow dreadhead in the uk! ur dreads look awesum by the way. how long hav u had them? and how did u do them? yeah, where i stay is kinda quiet.... apart from when my kids are away and i throw parties! lol. where about do u stay? many other dreadheads? my dreads turn heads here every day, although now most old people seem to be compelled to talk to me!!! xx
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
thanks..;) nice to know somebody likes my dreads..:D i think as always i like everybodys elses more than mine, but its not bothering me...yeah, not many dreadheads here but we have some, i live in northampton by the way.. one right next to me, my neighbour is a cool guy with dreads...anyway, they were backcombed and later few of those falling apart twist'n'ripped.(would NOT backcomb again by the way...) i didnt touch them since. its about 6 monts and im told its the most difficult stage, which fits cause they look like a big pile of mess.. but u like them so...;)but i think this weather is not great for dreads, they feel much more confortable in warmer, by the sea regions...probably because i do too;)) Gem Winter said:
Hi! nice to meet another fellow dreadhead in the uk! ur dreads look awesum by the way. how long hav u had them? and how did u do them? yeah, where i stay is kinda quiet.... apart from when my kids are away and i throw parties! lol. where about do u stay? many other dreadheads? my dreads turn heads here every day, although now most old people seem to be compelled to talk to me!!! xx
Gem Winter
@gem-winter
14 years ago
3 posts
i ws pretty lucky with my dreads, as i've taken super good care of them! even just with the almost continuous palm rolling to help them mature, nothin too strenuous on my hair. i've seen a couple of people who've had some disasters with the twist + rip method, who im doing tidy-ups on, being the aspiring hairdresser that i am!! I follow my hairdressers methods, although im finding a lot of conflicting advice on here, however, she has had loads of good advice, and i really cudnt have coped with the natural method, im a clean freak!!is that how u did yours? or did you use another method? xx
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
What do you mean you are a clean freak and couldn't go with the natural method? And for palm rolling....very damaging! Have you gone to school for hair? I know you don't need a license in England to do hair, unless things have changed. I have done hair here in the U.S. for 30 years, so I am curious how you go about getting educated there. There is alot of good information here, read it as much as you can. Blessings. Gem Winter said:
i ws pretty lucky with my dreads, as i've taken super good care of them! even just with the almost continuous palm rolling to help them mature, nothin too strenuous on my hair. i've seen a couple of people who've had some disasters with the twist + rip method, who im doing tidy-ups on, being the aspiring hairdresser that i am!! I follow my hairdressers methods, although im finding a lot of conflicting advice on here, however, she has had loads of good advice, and i really cudnt have coped with the natural method, im a clean freak!!is that how u did yours? or did you use another method? xx
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Hey im from the UK :D i come from the south :D and what to u mean by practice and tidy ups
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i told u how i did it in the message before ;) backcomb and t'n'r... dont like backcombing, its painful and fall apart...anyway, natural dreads are not dirty, u have to wash them.... i think if a person has a patience its the best because it lets the hair choose the most confortable place in the dreads, contrary to backcombing, there u make the sections yourself and sometimes its not the best decision...not sure if u know what i mean..so what s the difference between natural and other dreads in your opinion as a 'clean freak'? Gem Winter said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form