Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I feel like a hypocrite..

msfunkadelic
@msfunkadelic
14 years ago
31 posts
because today I questioned my son as to why he didn't brush his hair when he was getting ready for school. lol.Then, that got me thinking.. If he asked me to let him lock his hair up I don't know that I would for a few different reasons..1. He's not very confident, and children can be very cruel. (he's 9)2. I've already told him once he turns 15 he can do whatever he wants to his hair. Although I do let him choose if he wants long or short hair, its up to him when he gets it cut ( right now its pretty long some parts past his shoulders)3. If he wanted to get dreads I'd want him to appreciate the growing experience.4. I want him to follow his own path, not the foot prints I've left in the sand.
updated by @msfunkadelic: 01/13/15 08:45:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads would give him confidence to not care what the cruel kids say but i do understand those concernsbuthes not exempt from that because u are not letting him dreadbelieve me when i was young my parents forced me to conform the typical preppy style clothes hair everything and being forced to "fit in" caused alot more trouble the4n i woulda got idf i was a total freakjust sayin that tryin to protect him from ignorance could backfire either hed never properly learn how to deal with ignorant ppl or he could get even more attention from the ignorant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
msfunkadelic
@msfunkadelic
14 years ago
31 posts
well.. I do give him some freedoms to choose what types of clothes he wears, his haircuts, I guess I just won't let him dye his hair yet or try dreads, but honestly I don't think he even knows what they are. I live in a smaller city just out side of Detroit, and there aren't many dreadies out here. I only know of one other than myself. and I don't think I can really claim dreadie quite yet.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the whole issues not an issue untill the day he says can i have dreadsand if that day comes then its time for a long long talk make sure hes aware of the pros and cons and can make a choice thats well informed..and his own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
msfunkadelic
@msfunkadelic
14 years ago
31 posts
true enough soaringeagle said:
the whole issues not an issue untill the day he says can i have dreads

and if that day comes then its time for a long long talk make sure hes aware of the pros and cons and can make a choice thats well informed..and his own
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form