Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

some bead questions

Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
Im thinking of getting some beads but I have some noob questions. do my dreads need to be a certain width or are beads one size fits all? can I keep them in while I sleep and shower? can I wear them while working out? and finally how would I go about putting them on without damage?I want some because I see 2-3 dreads that are holding together somehow but seem really loose. Im hoping the beads would hold them together and help them dread better.
updated by @joe-muir: 02/14/15 06:37:26AM
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
the dreads I want to bead, well I dont know how to explain it. it doesnt even look knotted, it looks like straight hair but its sticking together somehow. I think they are all about 1/4 to half an inch.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I think the bead hole should be a little smaller that the thickness of the dread you want it on. So it can be tight enough to stay on :)
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Yeah, you want to make sure that the bead will be tight enough to stay on, but not so tight that you can slide it up and down dread. Peyote sleeves are a great idea too, you can make them the exact size you want, customize the colors and patterns, and they cover a larger area than most beads will. They're not too hard to make, and you really feel accomplished once you're done with it.
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
thanks but I have one more question. how will they stay on during a shower? do I put them on right after a shower and remove them everytime I shower?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I squeeze mine over my loops and they tend to stay up there. A few loose ones might need to be removed though. Oh and depending on what the bead is made of, it might loose color or shine or something if it's washed too often Joe muir said:
thanks but I have one more question. how will they stay on during a shower? do I put them on right after a shower and remove them everytime I shower?
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
there is also something else im curious about. pretty much the dreads in front of my face are very tight. they looks as if they are mature, the only thing thats loose is the roots and a few loose hairs. do you think they will loosen up because they dont seem to have done so at all over the past month like the others. I dont want them loosen up if they havent already
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I don't think they will. A lot of mine, most actually, didn't loosen up at all...well just the roots, but those dreaded up relatively fast too...if they haven't loosened up by now I really don't think they will :) Joe muir said:
there is also something else im curious about. pretty much the dreads in front of my face are very tight. they looks as if they are mature, the only thing thats loose is the roots and a few loose hairs. do you think they will loosen up because they dont seem to have done so at all over the past month like the others. I dont want them loosen up if they havent already
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
this site is so helpful. specifically you and SE. you guys are always the first to answer my questions. Thank you very much Paula said:
I don't think they will. A lot of mine, most actually, didn't loosen up at all...well just the roots, but those dreaded up relatively fast too...if they haven't loosened up by now I really don't think they will :)

Joe muir said:
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
: D I'm really glad I can help!! Joe muir said:
this site is so helpful. specifically you and SE. you guys are always the first to answer my questions. Thank you very much
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form