Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

one of my dreads fell off...can it be stitched on to another???

ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
Ive just had the dread sort of in front of my ear fall off, im not to fussed by it as i have been expecting it for quite some time now. it has been hanging on by literaly a cppl of hairs for 2-3 mths. its a nice dread and i dont want to see it go to waste; hence, can i stitch it to another of my shorter dreads, and if so, how would i go about it??? any input would b much appreciated. :)
updated by @ratcakie: 01/13/15 08:44:42PM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Fell off???? holy crap wtf?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Why did it fall off first of all? Jack Roth said:
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
yeah, cool thanx m8, will do Maxe said:
I guess you could crochet it back on or onto another dread, but the joint will still be weak and might break off again. Try find some youtube vids of girls crocheting on extensions - stupid idea but will give you the impression of what I mean.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I attached my brothers old dreads onto the ends of mine on my first set, I did it by combing out the tip of my dread, then combing out the 'root' of his dread, then I kinda mashed 'em together and crocheted a tiny tiny bit, then wrapped the joint in embroidery thread and left it for a few months, the natural dreading process made sure that they attached and I never had a single one come undone.
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
im thinking a variaty of things. number1... back combed... 2 my climbing helmet that i wear like 10 hrs a day and also the fact that i have very fine hair... i have thougholy examind the rest of them and that was the only one that was fucked up, so all good i spose. and the hair that broke away from it has grown significantlt so i can let it go and make a new one...naturaly...the question wasnt so much to do with it falling off(coz i dont much give a fuck) but more as to if and how i can put it to use else where...and maybe even how some one else could put someone elses to use...(if they are into that kinda thing)...eg extentions etc... Jake Holland said:
Why did it fall off first of all?

Jack Roth said:
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
yeah cool as man,. i think i read sumthing you wrote a while ago as to why you done it( my condolences), but only twiged the memory then... sounds like it could be a bit more "naturalish" than the qrochet meth so i might give that ago as my ends are like 3 to 6 inches long on the ones that id want to attach it to any ways... so if you could mayby explain mash them in a little more depth that would be appretiated...cheers Alden said:
I attached my brothers old dreads onto the ends of mine on my first set, I did it by combing out the tip of my dread, then combing out the 'root' of his dread, then I kinda mashed 'em together and crocheted a tiny tiny bit, then wrapped the joint in embroidery thread and left it for a few months, the natural dreading process made sure that they attached and I never had a single one come undone.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form