Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What a strange trip it has been...

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Here are a couple of things that happened to me this week....sure that many of you can relate. I went into a store that I frequent, I had just had a shower and my hair was still wet. As I approached the cashiers (both who I know well), they said.." I thought you were growing dreadlocks?" I said, "I am." To which they said, "But didn't you just wash your hair?" I said yes and they go.."But, don't you know you aren't supposed to wash dreads?" Today, it was hotter than hell outside, so instead of a tam I opted for a very colorful headwrap (looked kind of like a turban). I stopped in to visit a friend I had not seen in a long while. The first thing out of her mouth was.."Why are you trying to look black?" Then I meet my friend's boyfriend and he wants to know if I have any weed cuz if I have dreads I gotta be a big pothead! Oh boy!
updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/14/15 09:33:50AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
to 1st 1 id respond: if you werent suposed to wash dreadlocks do you really think dreads would be so popular?to 2nd : havent you ever seen how fucked up white people are?to 3rd : so do you have any dead bodies in your refrigerator? come on everyone knows all cannibal serial killers dont have dreadlocks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
SE..I love when you are tired cuz you get giddy and you never know what will pop outta your mouth! Classic..and I love it...thanx!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i do get the most creative and inspired when im so blurry eyed i cant type art all..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
to 2nd : havent you ever seen how fucked up white people are?here here!Whenever I am at a party and a random person is looking to smoke with someone, I will be standing talking to people and they ask someone I am with if they want to smoke, and they almost always turn to me and say something like "I know you do", which is perfect because I usually do lol.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
loltoo funny jake............ Jake Holland said:
to 2nd : havent you ever seen how fucked up white people are?

here here!

Whenever I am at a party and a random person is looking to smoke with someone, I will be standing talking to people and they ask someone I am with if they want to smoke, and they almost always turn to me and say something like "I know you do", which is perfect because I usually do lol.
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah i get that a lot....i drive a bus which makes it worse however i to most peoples amazement do not smoke at all! so hey no sense in us getting offended i used to but not anymore i realize peoples questions are based on their ignorance if not us to educate them then who
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Absolutely Heather! I never realized until I was in it, that it is our fate to educate (cool ryhme!). I have talked to more people and tried to dispel the the lies and misinformation! It is funny though how much of it there is!! And Neil, Jake is too funy...I sooooo agree! I think one of the things I have heard lately and enjoy the most is..."What happened to you Panterra? You're just....different!" And I proudly say..."Yes I am." Then, we go smoke! (Joking! Lol)
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
i hope you were atleast bobbing your head sideways...;)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
You know it!!!! I learned from the best!!!!! Lol Tyler Durden said:
i hope you were atleast bobbing your head sideways...;)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form