Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy and kinda wet?

stevie
@stevie
14 years ago
5 posts
So near the nape of my neck where my bottom-most dreads are, it occasionally gets really itchy. When I scratch it after a couple times, the area begins to feel wet, and leaves a moisture on my fingers. It has no color or scent and dries instantly. After leaving it alone for a few hours, there is a scab-like crust left over (probably from the insane scratching). I was wondering what this is? Is it oil? Sweat? Leftover shampoo? Like I said, this is occasional -- maybe once a month I get this itch. So I thought maybe I didn't get all the shampoo out. I had this itch happen last night, on Sunday... I had last washed my hair Thursday, and didn't feel the itch any other day after that. The last time I felt it was probably in May.I wash my locks every 4 days with Dr. Bronner's. Every now and then I'll make a saltwater, lemon and tea tree oil hairspray.I don't think it's mold or anything because my dreads don't smell at all... Two of my friends had mold and you were definitely able to smell it.my dreads are over a year old.Anyone know?
updated by @stevie: 01/13/15 08:41:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its probasbly blood plasma or a puss like substance u might have a scalp issue like cradle cap or dermatitistry the baking so9da cleanse with teatree rosemary lavander and folloeww with acv and cold water if it comes back try adding a lil heavy oil to the acv rince just a lilo u can try jojoba olive or neem neems maybe a good 1 but dont smell the best so try the others 1stit depends on the condition..see if anyone can try getting a closaeup pic of the scalp in the area

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm u mentioned knowing a locticianumm did u go to said loctician?if so what did they do to ucould u have umm whats it called traction apecia or whatever? did they do root tightening?if so well im guessing that is the cause?if u did go to a loctician and still dio..stop cause it can get severely bad..like scalp ripped right off your head..if u hadsnt been to a loctician and dont do obsessive over maintaining then the scalp conditions i mentioned and the recomended fix above is most likely right

--
stevie
@stevie
14 years ago
5 posts
no, i did my dreads myself by simple backcombing. the loctitian i know is just a friend. it would have been nice to have her do my locks for me haha.the things you told me sound scary!i think getting a picture would be difficult because it's literally on my scalp beneath wear the dread is growing.i have no had any root tightening done... i have never used a professional.i'm not sure what defines obsessive maintanance, but everyday i palm-roll and back comb the ends a bit.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
that defines obsessive maintenancestop it1 palm eolling does nothing at all good (u dif=dnt use wax i hope?) and backcombung the ends every dayu for a year? are u serius?the only maintenance u should do is seperate them weekly or so ro prevent congosdid u use wax?and traction whatever is nast y obsessive rolling or twisting can cause it toobut the cradle cap and dermatitis are treatabletry the baking soda mix and stop messing with your dreads..do nothing but wash and seperate..thats it stevie said:
no, i did my dreads myself by simple backcombing. the loctitian i know is just a friend. it would have been nice to have her do my locks for me haha.

the things you told me sound scary!
i think getting a picture would be difficult because it's literally on my scalp beneath wear the dread is growing.
i have no had any root tightening done... i have never used a professional.
i'm not sure what defines obsessive maintanance, but everyday i palm-roll and back comb the ends a bit.

--
stevie
@stevie
14 years ago
5 posts
nope, i don't use wax it all.thank you for your advice
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
good gioodtry those if the prob comes back talk to us i had simular pussy itchy spots and the baking soda stuff combined with cold water and oils did wonders for my scalpi actualy added the maylerees gardendss soaps sold in our members shops here after the baking soda acv and my scalps never been in suck great shape in 20 years stevie said:
nope, i don't use wax it all.
thank you for your advice

--
stevie
@stevie
14 years ago
5 posts
That sounds great, I will surely try!
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
wow you had pussy itchy stuff SE ROTFLMFAO!!!! wat a typo thanks i have now discovered pus is never an adjective lol thanks for the laugh and following debate as to how to spell that if it were really a wordthank you goodnight soaringeagle said:
good giood

try those if the prob comes back talk to us i had simular pussy itchy spots and the baking soda stuff combined with cold water and oils did wonders for my scalp
i actualy added the maylerees gardendss soaps sold in our members shops here after the baking soda acv and my scalps never been in suck great shape in 20 years

stevie said:
nope, i don't use wax it all.
thank you for your advice
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form