Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Losing Length?

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I'm doing my dreads naturally. I've got a few going really well right now, on the underneath of my hair in the back. But they are shrinking ALOT. Will all of them lose this much length? I'm wondering if the T&R will help me keep more of the length? Is it just this method? Just this particular dread? What should I expect?
updated by @nicole: 01/13/15 08:40:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
all dreads must shrink natural typicaly is less drastic because its more gradualbackcomb and t&r u can loose alot right away then more to shrinkage (t&r maybe less at first but still bout the same by the time its done)shrinkage continues several months b4 it starts to growbe sure to seperate alot u can regain a small amount when u seperate sometimes as the connecting dreads pull up a lil and releasing the connecting hairs can give u back a small amount of length

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
well... dreads lose length on a cont of the knotting and bunching of the hair. I went through a wide range of different methods to get dreads in the beggining. the reason it is probably losing length is because when you lay on it the hairs move further up in the dread, I dunno though, just watch it and keep us updated
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my friend chevy started every single 1 of her dreads differently all from hair to her hips all shrunk up to her ears..the methods dont matter really its just the hair doin what it wants to be doin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
good point soaringeagle lol. at certain points your hair is just gonna do what it wants to do
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
It'll shrink but it's not permanent. Hair always grows back out again. =)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form