Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just Counted 40 Baby Dreads!!

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I cant believe there are that many! 40! Its been just under 3 weeks. 20 days to be exact, since I started my dreads (over from crochet) naturally.I'm sure that some will combine, since alot of them are really tiny. Most are all in the back of my head still and underneath the top layer of my hair (thats normal right?) I do have 3-4 that are on the top layer but that's it. I must sleep on my back. lol.But 40? If they all stay so tiny, I will have like 150 dreads. At least.Wow. :)But, is it normal that my hair is a big massive knot under there with the dreads coming out of it?Here is a close up pic of a few of them. :)

updated by @nicole: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Nice, as for the question....I'm not sure. Mine look kinda like that...although much, much shorter, haha.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u mean they are all knotted together at the roots then u should start seperating into the sizes u want they will thicken u can let some combine but u want to seperate all tye way to the scalp to get distinctly seperate dreadsthey look awesome im so happy for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Ive been separating but just tearing up into the root. There is still matting AT the root. So I need to seprate at the root and not from the tip up? Im so confused. soaringeagle said:
if u mean they are all knotted together at the roots then u should start seperating into the sizes u want they will thicken u can let some combine but u want to seperate all tye way to the scalp to get distinctly seperate dreads
they look awesome im so happy for u
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Amazing! And Congrats!! How exciting. And I'm pretty sure everything you've asked is normal. :)p.s. Love your elven star. :)
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Thanks :)And I think I figured it out. Ive just been separating from the tips up. It was jsut pushing the knots up to my scalp and making a msssive knot. I just went through and made sure that there was definitions on each dread. The roots are still really loose but now they are at least separated better. pixie said:
Amazing! And Congrats!! How exciting. And I'm pretty sure everything you've asked is normal. :)

p.s. Love your elven star. :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form