Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will the loose middle of my dread lock up?

Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
My "dreads" are still babies and I am mostly serene about the live and let lock natural method I have chosen, but I wonder: I have one lock that is much knottier (and I love it) while most of the other sections are just beginning to lock . . . BUT right smack in the middle of my favorite lock, there is a completely loose section. It has securely knotted from about an an inch from the root to two thirds of the way down. Then the bottom seems to have matted together securely, but there is a two inch or so section between that looks all straight unknotted and shiny. So I was wondering, how will that section lock up if the hair is all being held straight by the knotty sections above and below???Thanks!!!
updated by @emberanna: 02/14/15 10:15:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it just will it will loops and kink and shrink and tighteni was gonna not even bother reading the question and just answer "ofcourse" because its just that simple it will just lockbut i decided to read it and give a more detailed answerthey just do crazy things sometimes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
Lol. Thanks Soaring Eagle. I bet that question has been asked a million times before. And I have been trying to just go with it but I was curious. Still, asking such things reminds me of the questions I answer all day over and over with new mothers. "the answer usually is, "yes it's normal" or "that's okay too, don't worry"thanks for the info soaringeagle said:
it just will it will loops and kink and shrink and tighten
i was gonna not even bother reading the question and just answer "ofcourse" because its just that simple it will just lock
but i decided to read it and give a more detailed answer

they just do crazy things sometimes
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha yea i wish i just always had "its normal, dont worry bout it" in the clipboard i think 99% of the site would just be its normal dont worry bout itbut then the 1st time i replied hmm thats weird theyd freak out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
Hmm.. I have a couple of those.. Nice to know..I guess as dreads mature they just wanna bulge here loosen up there push out there.. and over time they will just dread and form the way they wish.Patience is a Virtue ;)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It will lock up, just give it time. One of my favorites now started just like that! It's probably the most squiggly dread on my entire head!
Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
Thanks everyone. It's already more compact and completely different than before. I took a shower the next day and otherwise completely ignored it and I can already tell that it is going to be just fine :). I don't know why this little baby dreadlet is trying to grow up so much quicker than all the rest (maybe cause it's underneath hair?) but it is my most dready baby and my favorite so far. I think I will name it Ember - it has a fiery colored bead on it.Here is a picture of the loose section on the 3rd and then a picture of it on the 6th:

updated by @emberanna: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
I love your hair. Where do you get all your hair jewelry?

Emberanna said:
Thanks everyone. It's already more compact and completely different than before. I took a shower the next day and otherwise completely ignored it and I can already tell that it is going to be just fine :). I don't know why this little baby dreadlet is trying to grow up so much quicker than all the rest (maybe cause it's underneath hair?) but it is my most dready baby and my favorite so far. I think I will name it Ember - it has a fiery colored bead on it. Here is a picture of the loose section on the 3rd and then a picture of it on the 6th:

updated by @zeefighter: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
I made most of it. I got some Sculpey III (polymer clay) in a set of 10 colors from Michael's Crafts and swirled the colors together and made beads by shaping it around a pencil, or whatever sized stick type thing I wanted the hole to be. Then it has to be baked for 15 minutes or so at 225 degrees in the oven, then they are done. A few of the other beads were ones I picked up at Michaels in the beads section - that looked like the holes were big enough ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
I love your hair. Where do you get all your hair jewelry?

Emberanna said:
Thanks everyone. It's already more compact and completely different than before. I took a shower the next day and otherwise completely ignored it and I can already tell that it is going to be just fine :). I don't know why this little baby dreadlet is trying to grow up so much quicker than all the rest (maybe cause it's underneath hair?) but it is my most dready baby and my favorite so far. I think I will name it Ember - it has a fiery colored bead on it. Here is a picture of the loose section on the 3rd and then a picture of it on the 6th:

updated by @emberanna: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
That's awesome!!! I'm def gonna try
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form