Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

T&R vs. Natural (Neglect) or Combo?

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Trying to decide which way to go once these crochet are out.What are the main differences in the 2?Which has a healthier lock in the long run?Which starts locking faster?Is there an aesthetic difference is the 2 in the long run?Can I do a combo?
updated by @nicole: 01/13/15 08:38:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
main differences are :natural dreads the experience is more profound because your embracing the natural process giving up control breaking free of the need to do stuff to gain results plus you go through a deliverance from vanity stage as you go through the messy stage. it is healthier although t&r is probably the next healthiest alternative. all religios/spiritual dreads are natural/neglect because 1 religios texts concerning dreading require you to neglect the hair not comb or cut. and 2 letting go of control and embracing nature is in itself a spiritual experience.in the long run naturals healthier but once theyre mature only the parts "made" with t&r would have been affected by the t&r which is relatively low damagewhich STARTS locking faster would be t&r since your starting the locking instead of waitting for the locking to start, but overall progress and maturity usualy arent too much different once locking begins.astheticaly well yes in the short and long run but the degree can vary to be not even noticable depending on some factorsnatural form organicly 1st by getting messy then knotty then crazy then dready but the dreads that start can be crazy and wild and slowly settle in to unique but more well behaved dreads the progress is beautiful but untamed fascinating and enjoyable but to close minded ppl its just messyt&r starts out neat tidy it can be variable sizes or all uniformthey do get lil wilder but maybe not as much and the final result can be near natural uniqueness or real neat tidinessand ofcourse u can do a combo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
14 years ago
81 posts
I'm doing a combo and I would say that the T&R look better faster, but they both seem to be doing their thing at the exact same speed. What I don't like about the T&R is that they look like some kind of braid or plait because as my hands manipulate them I get into a rhythm and they start to look very "made". What I don't like about the natural is that they tend to get much bigger than I would like them and I have to pull them apart so as not to end up with one big congo. What I love about the natural is that they look more like true dread locks and they don't separate very easily once they find their path. What I like about the T&R is that I can have some control in the sizing. So there are my pros & cons of both ;)
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Yeah, my worry is that the natural will get too much into a 'glump' and I wont know how to separate them. I have about 17 crochet ones left that we still have to take out, but I think Ill leave them at about an inch from the scalp because they are so knotted already. SE said if I like the size and the spacing of them, it would be a good idea to already have a 'foundation'. So maybe that will help the others to knot up smaller? Ill maybe add some T&R if some parts are being stubborn :) CrazyDaizy99 said:
I'm doing a combo and I would say that the T&R look better faster, but they both seem to be doing their thing at the exact same speed. What I don't like about the T&R is that they look like some kind of braid or plait because as my hands manipulate them I get into a rhythm and they start to look very "made". What I don't like about the natural is that they tend to get much bigger than I would like them and I have to pull them apart so as not to end up with one big congo. What I love about the natural is that they look more like true dread locks and they don't separate very easily once they find their path. What I like about the T&R is that I can have some control in the sizing. So there are my pros & cons of both ;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form