Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm Doing It. I'm Taking Them Out..

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I decided to go ahead and attempt to remove my 9 day old crochet dreads. I thought and thought about it and my heart told me that I was cheating myself out of the journey that has become so important to me. I decided that if I cant give it my all, from day 1, then I shouldnt be doing it at all.So far, Ive gotten abou 8 out. All the front ones. Only 28 to go :/. It is not easy. Anyone have any tips to make it easier? Ive soaked in conditiner, used olive oil and brushing. I seem to be losing alot of hair, but Im not noticing any bald spots so that is good. :)My plan is to let my scalp rest a day ot 2, the start TnR or neglect, maybe a combo of the 2.I think this will be much more satisfying in the long run.BTW-Thanks Mama Christina for the 'listen to your heart advice'
updated by @nicole: 02/15/18 11:53:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
only advice is go slow only work on the last 1/8 inchumm collect all the broken hair in a pile to show people just how much hairs broken from 1 single crochet sessionkeep resoaking in conditioner or olive oil be gentleandno need to wait start natural right away..wait at least a couple weeks to t&r if u decide toummafter u remove emyou'll have alotta conditioner/oil buildup use something like nutragena daily clarifying to remove all the buildup

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Trying to be gentle but its hard. I got alot of knots that just ripped out :(. But Im sure it looks like more than it is. I hope. I think I will go natural, my hair does knot up nicely on its own. Now I need to research natural :) soaringeagle said:
only advice is go slow only work on the last 1/8 inch
umm collect all the broken hair in a pile to show people just how much hairs broken from 1 single crochet session
keep resoaking in conditioner or olive oil be gentle
and
no need to wait start natural right away..wait at least a couple weeks to t&r if u decide to

umm
after u remove em
you'll have alotta conditioner/oil buildup use something like nutragena daily clarifying to remove all the buildup
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
naturals such a relaxed way to go.just let it happen and seperate so they dont grow together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Separate daily? soaringeagle said:
naturals such a relaxed way to go.
just let it happen and seperate so they dont grow together
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago