Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone

Sami Ahmed
@sami-ahmed
14 years ago
23 posts
Hi,I just found this site and I think its pretty cool. I've had dreadlocks since April 4 2008 (I don't know why I remember the specific date). My name is Sami and I'm just a regular college student. I am from Eritrea and live in Virginia. I have soft, curly hair. I started my dreadlocks at this shop near where I live. I still don't maintain my own hair. A question I have is my hair has been thinning in the front. I've noticed this for the past year. I'm like 19 so this is freaking me out. Would trimming my dreads help reverse this, maybe my hair is to heavy? If there is no way to reverse this I might shave my head bald and restart my dreads, try to do them myself. Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks.
updated by @sami-ahmed: 02/14/15 10:58:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how did this shop start them how do they maintain them im 90%sure the shops causing it and if u stop messing with dread shops you will be finewas it interlocked crocheted? twisted?i bet y anything they caused itnever go to a shop to make or maintain dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok just read your pageu are way overloaded with products..products do not make dreads! they are bad for dreadsand u have had your dreads retwisted every how often?thats why your dreads are trying to fall offstop it..no more visits to the salon no more twisting no more products (only aloe or sshar butter as needed to moisturize)if u leave em alone completely they will recover

--
Sami Ahmed
@sami-ahmed
14 years ago
23 posts
I started them as twists. Sister Rags said:
Hi Sami, and welcome. What method does the salon use on your hair to make dreads?
Sami Ahmed
@sami-ahmed
14 years ago
23 posts
Haha yeah I've used to many products. I started them as twists in a shop. I get them retwisted every two months. I started to search online and I read something called alopecia. Is that a possibilty? So never retwist them again but moisturize them. Thanks I'll try it. soaringeagle said:
ok just read your page
u are way overloaded with products..products do not make dreads! they are bad for dreads
and u have had your dreads retwisted every how often?
thats why your dreads are trying to fall off

stop it..no more visits to the salon no more twisting no more products (only aloe or sshar butter as needed to moisturize)

if u leave em alone completely they will recover
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can try alopeciua but i seriusly doubt u need to i bet ya anythijg idf u stop the retwisting they will be fineshops are a bad idea..for making and maintainingdreads are a natural thing they happen on theyte ownwithout costs or productsand are best when left to grow as close to naturaly as possibledo the baking soda deep cleanse to help remove alot of the gunk u got built up tooall the products clog pores and can retard hair growth..even prevent regrowth of hairs that fell out

--
Sami Ahmed
@sami-ahmed
14 years ago
23 posts
Is that the one where you use apple cider vinegar also? Thanks. I remember asking my loctician and she said there is nothing wrong!!!Thanks for the help I hope it works. soaringeagle said:
u can try alopeciua but i seriusly doubt u need to i bet ya anythijg idf u stop the retwisting they will be fine
shops are a bad idea..for making and maintaining
dreads are a natural thing they happen on theyte own
without costs or products
and are best when left to grow as close to naturaly as possible

do the baking soda deep cleanse to help remove alot of the gunk u got built up too
all the products clog pores and can retard hair growth..even prevent regrowth of hairs that fell out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes u use baking soda as a wash then rinse then rinse again with apple cider vinagaror i shouldnt say "wash" its a soak. you soak your head in it and it cleans better then anythingjust look around the site theres tons of info on the baking soda deep cleansesince your locticians really the reason your having these issues i wouldnt bother asking her anythingmost loctitions know next to nothing about dreading..they learn a technique but thats it, most dont even know that dreads dread naturalybeing called a liscenced loctiyion is alot like being called a master carpenter because you learned how to hammer in a nail.they literaly know nothing about dreads except the technique they were toughtmany even refuse to learn better techniquesthis is why i never recomend a locticion.. theres less then 15 in the world id ever say was ok to go to..youve had dreads barely a year and are at risk of losing them..many loctition dreads end up being started over in 3 months or lessyour lucky your black if u wernt they woulda screwed u up 10 times worsepost a loctitions and over twisting causes dreads to fall off discussion to save others from the mistakes u made (and paid for..just outtas curiosity estimate how much u paid for making and maintaining them throughout theyre short lifespan) Sami Ahmed said:
Is that the one where you use apple cider vinegar also? Thanks. I remember asking my loctician and she said there is nothing wrong!!!Thanks for the help I hope it works.
soaringeagle said:
u can try alopeciua but i seriusly doubt u need to i bet ya anythijg idf u stop the retwisting they will be fine

do the baking soda deep cleanse to help remove alot of the gunk u got built up too
all the products clog pores and can retard hair growth..even prevent regrowth of hairs that fell out

--
Sami Ahmed
@sami-ahmed
14 years ago
23 posts
Ive had my dreads for about 2 and half years. The first time I got them done it was 65 dollars and each following session was 30 bucks. I used to go for every 2 weeks for about the first 6 months. Then I went once a month for the about a year. Now I've been going less and less to get them retwisted. I usually wait about 2 to 3 months per visit. Maybe around 600 to 700 dollars......what a waste of money. soaringeagle said:
yes u use baking soda as a wash then rinse then rinse again with apple cider vinagar
or i shouldnt say "wash" its a soak. you soak your head in it and it cleans better then anything
just look around the site theres tons of info on the baking soda deep cleanse

since your locticians really the reason your having these issues i wouldnt bother asking her anything
most loctitions know next to nothing about dreading..they learn a technique but thats it, most dont even know that dreads dread naturaly
being called a liscenced loctiyion is alot like being called a master carpenter because you learned how to hammer in a nail.
they literaly know nothing about dreads except the technique they were tought
many even refuse to learn better techniques
this is why i never recomend a locticion.. theres less then 1
5 in the world id ever say was ok to go to..
youve had dreads barely a year and are at risk of losing them..
many loctition dreads end up being started over in 3 months or less
your lucky your black if u wernt they woulda screwed u up 10 times worse

post a loctitions and over twisting causes dreads to fall off discussion to save others from the mistakes u made (and paid for..just outtas curiosity estimate how much u paid for making and maintaining them throughout theyre short lifespan)

Sami Ahmed said:
Is that the one where you use apple cider vinegar also? Thanks. I remember asking my loctician and she said there is nothing wrong!!!Thanks for the help I hope it works.
soaringeagle said:

Sami Ahmed
@sami-ahmed
14 years ago
23 posts
I hope its not that too. Im going to try that baking soda wash, hope it helps. Thanks for the help. Sister Rags said:
Yes! "Traction alopecia" can be the result of constantly putting tension at the same place on the roots of your hair. Traction alopecia is a big, big reason NOT to twist, crochet, or interlock your hair...not to dread it too tightly at the root at all. You know...I sure hope that's not what's going on with you or, if it is, that stopping the twisting will allow your hair to regrow.

And heavy use of products, like SE said, can prevent regrowth of new hair because your hair follicles are clogged or damaged.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form