Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax cream

Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Soooo I've read how everyone feels about wax but what about jamacian mango and lime wax cream I go to the shop one a month I've started with 2strand twist I've only used a lil bit plus helped tame my ends but if I only used it once and just don't plan to use it anymore I should be fine I didn't go crazy etc use a lil bit
updated by @bvelvet: 02/15/15 02:14:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
aloe is better i dunno anything about wax cream but its got wax in it so i would not use itplain ol aloe vera is best u can add stuff to it to make it smell nicer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and i would recomend u not go to any shops to mauntain your dreads ..just do it yourselfwhat do they do for u? retwist? interlock?both are bad retwisting might be ok if u hardly ever do it but it can cause weakness and breakage over timeinterlocking is very likely to cause dreads to fall offu dont need all the crap salons do to u and u dont need to waste the money eitherthey make dreads worse not better

--
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Ok cool thanks so just using it once isn't going to do any damage?

soaringeagle said:
aloe is better i dunno anything about wax cream but its got wax in it so i would not use itplain ol aloe vera is best u can add stuff to it to make it smell nicer
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
O well I got it two strand twist a month the 11th I guess she would wash etc and re twist I really just stopped messing with my hair wear a doo rag at nite little bit during the day trying to let it do it's on thing guess I got another question should I just wear a doo rag all day or let my hair breath a bit?

soaringeagle said:
oh and i would recomend u not go to any shops to mauntain your dreads .. just do it yourselfwhat do they do for u? retwist? interlock?both are bad retwisting might be ok if u hardly ever do it but it can cause weakness and breakage over timeinterlocking is very likely to cause dreads to fall offu dont need all the crap salons do to u and u dont need to waste the money eitherthey make dreads worse not better
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
PROBABLY not but you might want to do a wax removal anyways... Bvelvet said:

soaringeagle said:
aloe is better i dunno anything about wax cream but its got wax in it so i would not use it plain ol aloe vera is best u can add stuff to it to make it smell nicer
Bvelvet
@bvelvet
14 years ago
20 posts
Thank u

GreyGargoyle said:

soaringeagle said:
aloe is better i dunno anything about wax cream but its got wax in it so i would not use it plain ol aloe vera is best u can add stuff to it to make it smell nicer
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
id do a wax removal i WOULD NOT WEAR A DU RAG why because way too tight and restricyive that will flatten the dreads and restrict movementinstead a wool tam is better it alows movement while still providing some compressionand no not all the time leave em to be free to move alot tooyou can wash your own hair u dont need to pay noone and retwistings pretty pointless unless they fall apart then u can do it yourself

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah, no problem.What type of chemicals are in it? Bvelvet said:
Thank u

GreyGargoyle said:

soaringeagle said:
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I didn't see this post, my bad...Don't wear a do rag at all. It's too tight. Dreads like looser hats like wool tams.The do rag is probably slowing down the process a lot especially since you're wearing it at night which is when you get the most progress. Bvelvet said:
O well I got it two strand twist a month the 11th I guess she would wash etc and re twist I really just stopped messing with my hair wear a doo rag at nite little bit during the day trying to let it do it's on thing guess I got another question should I just wear a doo rag all day or let my hair breath a bit?

soaringeagle said:
oh and i would recomend u not go to any shops to mauntain your dreads .. just do it yourself what do they do for u? retwist? interlock?

both are bad retwisting might be ok if u hardly ever do it but it can cause weakness and breakage over time
interlocking is very likely to cause dreads to fall off

u dont need all the crap salons do to u and u dont need to waste the money either
they make dreads worse not better
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form