Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks on children

nikki3
@nikki3
14 years ago
17 posts
So I have a two year old boy and his hair is just as curly as mine except he has red hair, not that strawberry orange color but a deep red, and I think he would look awesome with dreads. Buut how do you go about keeping dreads on a two year old, should I wait until he is older and he has a choice?
updated by @nikki3: 01/13/15 08:36:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its up to u i know kids who dreaded from birthonly thing id say is when hes older give him the choice to keep em or not, u shouldnt force him to dreadbut till hes old enough to make that choice the choice is yourswish my parents were cool enough to dread me from birth..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nikki3
@nikki3
14 years ago
17 posts
I know this is a dumb question, but I'm drawing a blank because I just started my own dreads, but would I maintain them in the same fashion as I would my own?
Amber Eyes
@amber-eyes
14 years ago
8 posts
I'm feeling the same way my daughter is 1 and with my oldest I've always let her choose. If she wanted earings or her hair, her clothes ect. When it comes to style I let her choose. With the baby I want her too choose what she wants but I've always wanted too let the kids hair dread. I dreaded my oldests, kaya's hair for her when she asked me too around 7 years old and after a week she went too her dads and he brushed it out. I told her she would have too wait until she can stand up for herself to her father because I'm not there too assist. She's sad about it and it's another reason I wonder if I should dread the baby, I don't want kaya feeling left out. I like SE's advice let it do its thing until they state they want otherwise.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
depends on how u maintain your ownif u just wash and seperate then yea ofcourse nikki said:
I know this is a dumb question, but I'm drawing a blank because I just started my own dreads, but would I maintain them in the same fashion as I would my own?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Just wash his hair and help him separate the dreads that are growing together. He'll get dreads and he won't even realize it. It should be his choice to whether he keeps em or not but he will most likely want them again if he does chop em off when he gets older...
nikki3
@nikki3
14 years ago
17 posts
Thank you all for the advice!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form