Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nice to meet you

Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I suppose it is time for an introduction considering I have been creeping the forum for a week or two now. So I have been growing my hair for two years now from a short buzz, no cutting. I plan on going with TnR this weekend and would like some feedback. My hair is about past my chin in the front and down past my shoulders in the back. I don't know about you but I like the multi length lock look. I have a few questions for any of you experts out there.Pre TnR....how should I wash?Sleep with a tam right away?I get the whole idea of it I think but I am unsure of the afterwards....
updated by @jake-holland: 02/15/15 01:09:39PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
twist and rip s good method, but u might lose your patience cause it takes long time... maybe do few one day, few another day....about washing.. simply stop using ordinary shampoo and start using dread soap of your choice (any organic soap should be ok)sleep the way u feel comfortable, i don't use any hat in bed but its up to u.generally the 'afterwards' is much easier than 'before'.. let the dreads be, sometimes wash it when u feel like...and enjoy life..but im sure there are a lot more experienced people here than me...dreading is not a rocketscience some people claim it to be, it just happens..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well if u used alotta products and conditioners it can help to do a clarifying wash to remove em and yea mike was pretty right oni went natural and never wore a hat to bed ppl dothat causde theyre paranoid theyre dreads will fall outit might help i dunno it cant hurt (as long as u seperate more often)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
The only thing I have put in my hair is head and shoulders and maybe conditioner like 4 times soaringeagle said:
well if u used alotta products and conditioners it can help to do a clarifying wash to remove em and yea mike was pretty right on
i went natural and never wore a hat to bed ppl dothat causde theyre paranoid theyre dreads will fall out
it might help i dunno it cant hurt (as long as u seperate more often)
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Ok so do the baking soda was. The question about wearing the tam to sleep I was just wondering if it would help. I'm going over a friends house tomorrow night so I think I am going to get a few done myself and then let anyone who wants to throw one in. We'll see what happens. I have thick super curly hair and a few months into growing it out, I had a baby dread form in the back, and it was pretty damn solid up to almost the roots. My hair looks so much shorter since it's curly so a straight dread coming off the back of my head looked reficulous at the time so I cut it out :(

Serena Saccoccie said:
Jake, I JUST started the T+R last night, was going to do it the natural way and I hadn't brushed my hair for about 2 weeks and just let it be but it was quite messy and annoying and I do not have the best patience. So anyway, I've been shampooing and conditioning my hair my whole life, 2 weeks ago I stopped the conditioner and just use shampoo and a couple days ago I did the baking soda wash...now last night I did 2 dreads and just finished another using the T+R method, I did 2 of them kinda small and the other a little bigger which I like better...I'm going to try to get a friend to help or my boyfriend as it is a lot of work!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u cut it out? aww damn u know it starts as 1 or 2 then more join in over time u woulda had a headful of dreads probly if u left em be Jake Holland said:
Ok so do the baking soda was. The question about wearing the tam to sleep I was just wondering if it would help. I'm going over a friends house tomorrow night so I think I am going to get a few done myself and then let anyone who wants to throw one in. We'll see what happens. I have thick super curly hair and a few months into growing it out, I had a baby dread form in the back, and it was pretty damn solid up to almost the roots. My hair looks so much shorter since it's curly so a straight dread coming off the back of my head looked reficulous at the time so I cut it out :(

Serena Saccoccie said:
Jake, I JUST started the T+R last night, was going to do it the natural way and I hadn't brushed my hair for about 2 weeks and just let it be but it was quite messy and annoying and I do not have the best patience. So anyway, I've been shampooing and conditioning my hair my whole life, 2 weeks ago I stopped the conditioner and just use shampoo and a couple days ago I did the baking soda wash...now last night I did 2 dreads and just finished another using the T+R method, I did 2 of them kinda small and the other a little bigger which I like better...I'm going to try to get a friend to help or my boyfriend as it is a lot of work!!

--
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I forgot to mention, Im a CNC operator so I deal with a whole lot of oil on a daily basis and I inevitably get some in my hair from time to time so I am going to need to wash probably at least every two days.

Jake Holland said:

Serena Saccoccie said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dunno what a cnc is but ok wash when u need to washthe only reason to not wash daily is to give em time to dry

--
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Ok cool, I am going to try and keep it put of my locks as much as I can. CNC is a type of Machining. Hydrolic oil, cutting oil, hone oil etc nasty stuff.

soaringeagle said:
dunno what a cnc is but ok wash when u need to wash the only reason to not wash daily is to give em time to dry
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I know, I wish I just said screw it back then

soaringeagle said:
u cut it out? aww damn u know it starts as 1 or 2 then more join in over time u woulda had a headful of dreads probly if u left em be Jake Holland said:

Serena Saccoccie said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form