Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

did you have both a wax dread set and no wax dreadlocks? compare your experiences

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
have you tried both dreading with dread wax and without wax?how were the experiences different? which way dreaded faster? which way lasted longer?what were the actual advantages and disadvantages of dreading with wax or without dread wax?would you ever recommend someone use dread wax?would you warn them not to use dreadwax?share your experiences with both waxy and wax free reading in as much detail as possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:35:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy they only appear to dread faster cause youyr gluing hair together but they actualy really dread much much slower

--
DON D
@don-d
14 years ago
18 posts
i actually tried both, first time, i was blinded by that johnny fag guy.. lol.. hes lame.. used some dreadhq products wax and lock peppa. my dreads were taking forever to lock.. well they werent locking at all, and the buildup from the wax was horrible.. had to soak them in some conditioner and comb them out. it sucked.. this time around i had them backcombed. impatient i was.. but other than backcombing i use nothing.. dr bronners bar or liquid.. i like the almond and the liquid peppermint soap.. last forever and really good... wax is whack.. wax is whack oh yea WAX IS WHACK stay away...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how much faster are they dreading this time?and please dont call him fag that associates scammers with homosexuals and homosexuals never harmed you, scammers didjohnny is straight too but sexuality and ethics have nothing to do with eachuther..scumbags acceptible but calling him gay cause hes a scumbag harms many good decent gay people. DON D said:
i actually tried both, first time, i was blinded by that johnny fag guy.. lol.. hes lame.. used some dreadhq products wax and lock peppa. my dreads were taking forever to lock.. well they werent locking at all, and the buildup from the wax was horrible.. had to soak them in some conditioner and comb them out. it sucked.. this time around i had them backcombed. impatient i was.. but other than backcombing i use nothing.. dr bronners bar or liquid.. i like the almond and the liquid peppermint soap.. last forever and really good... wax is whack.. wax is whack oh yea WAX IS WHACK stay away...

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what hasnt been said yet is that thousands of people have had wax and no wax dreads because the wax dreads had to be cut off or combed outand started over because of how gross the wax made the dreads

--
DON D
@don-d
14 years ago
18 posts
true that. sry for the disrespect..they are going alot faster in my opinion.. been going 6mnths and i see and feel a difference.. with the wax they went for almost a year and seemed to go nowhere fast... soaringeagle said:
how much faster are they dreading this time?
and please dont call him fag that associates scammers with homosexuals and homosexuals never harmed you, scammers did
johnny is straight too but sexuality and ethics have nothing to do with eachuther..scumbags acceptible but calling him gay cause hes a scumbag harms many good decent gay people.

DON D said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea thats what i hear alot that they dread 3 tiimes faster without wax, they just look dreaded from a distance the 1st week and thats all wax does..gives the impression of being more dreaded then they ever will be DON D said:
true that. sry for the disrespect..they are going alot faster in my opinion.. been going 6mnths and i see and feel a difference.. with the wax they went for almost a year and seemed to go nowhere fast...

soaringeagle said:
how much faster are they dreading this time?
and please dont call him fag that associates scammers with homosexuals and homosexuals never harmed you, scammers did
johnny is straight too but sexuality and ethics have nothing to do with eachuther..scumbags acceptible but calling him gay cause hes a scumbag harms many good decent gay people.

DON D said:

--
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
im currently on my second set of dreads. The first time i sectioned backcombed and waxed. WAX IS WACK. its sticky icky goo that builds up in your hair and only makes it look like you have dreads when in reality there only stuck together not allowing for new growth or knots to occur. plus it stays in your hair regardless of how many times you wash. its pretty much there forever.the second time around i started to go natural and once my hair got longer i used the twistnrip method. i would recommend this 100% over backcombing and waxing. this is a much easier, less painful and faster method to creating locks any size you want.. its much easier to maintain and much less time consuming because you could just feel around and see which dreads need to be palm rolled. without having to find a comb and wax.!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form