Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

your dread maintanance

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
some people like high maintanance dreads so create extra work for themselvesothers preffer to do nothing and let them take care of themselveswhat do you do ant how often?me i wash weeklythats itup untill a year ago i also ripped (seperated) them to prevent congosid say i did that randomly, a few a week not even the whole head except maybe did most in a month or 2but in the last year ive only washed and allowed most to congosome ppl like to fuss over every tiny hair, insist on perfect roundness and blunted tips and work on them many hours a week (even many hours a day)i just dont see the pointespecialy since often the more u do to them the more ya have to keep doing to maintain the same lookin addition to what you do and how often, include how long youve been doing each maintanance methodi washed and ripped 18 years now just washed a year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:25:17PM
Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
15 years ago
60 posts
I just wash when i can be bothered too and rip them apart when congo's start to form where i don't want them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i leave mey ends alone .. loose whispy ends draw wayter right out while blunt ends hold it in and dry slower and mold easier Beksta said:
I generally wash weekly, pull apart congos, and very occasionally sew in (wool/tapestry needle) any large sections of loose hairs...and sometimes do the rip n pull method on any tips that have come undreaded (oh the joys of dead-straight hair lol)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh u reallly should rip not cut people have lost dreads that way

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
do it more often then till they mature enough that u can do it lessi hope u dont take this wrong..you or aerick.. its just my taste oprobablyt but to me his look way way wasy too over worked almost to the point of looking fakei never wanted to say that but just what i thought when i see em..like i said,,its my taste tho..if thats what u both want thats your choice Jess Gergely said:
you're totally right. i just can't do it, i'd have to ask my boyfriend to do it. & sometimes it just hurts so bad, lol. i really gotta stop being a big puss about it, though. i don't want to lose any dreads.

soaringeagle said:
oh u reallly should rip not cut people have lost dreads that way

--
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
I have been washing twice a week because I live in Florida and have no air conditioning in my van. I have to take my grandmother-in-law out to the Dr a couple times a week and I get sweaty and just feel gross and greasy. Will that mess with the dreading process?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
washing more oftens better then washing not enoughevery 2-3 days is fine weekly is fine..when your getting closer to every 3 weeks thawt i think it will deter the progressas long aswashing more doesnt cause oilinesssweat in itself probly helps dreadsbut knots love to form the most imediately after washing MommaCrunch said:
I have been washing twice a week because I live in Florida and have no air conditioning in my van. I have to take my grandmother-in-law out to the Dr a couple times a week and I get sweaty and just feel gross and greasy. Will that mess with the dreading process?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form