Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cutting dreads off

Andres
@andres
14 years ago
18 posts
Don't panic, I'm not cutting them off nor I'm encouraging anyone to do it. I just have a question for those with really long dreads. I was thinking today when many years down the road I have my dreads maybe 3-4 ft long, think that maybe I would cut em off to maybe half that length. Why would I do it? Maybe to change my hair style a bit. So for those with really long dreads, whats your position? Cut them and have a new or different style or you will never ever until the end of time cut em?
updated by @andres: 02/19/18 04:34:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
me personaly id never cut a dread i just said this in another thread id rather cut off a fingeras yiu know mine do drag on the ground and many were real thin so wear and tear from dragging and being stepped on ive had mamy break at ground leveli started congoing like crazy 2 years ago so when the hair at my scalp reaches the ground it will be strong enough to not break yea im planning ahead for 20 years more, and 20 after that i hope by the time im 80 they'll be 2-3 times as long

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I've thought about this...I think that I will trim my dreads once they hit waist length. But by then I might change my mind, who knows? There is also a possibility of a dreadhawk, I think they look awesome and I might try that one day. But I'm not even thinking of cutting my hair for five years. So no worries about length or weight for a long time to come.As far as dreads go...I am a dreadhead for life. I will have at least one dread on my head until the day I die, I've decided that at least.Oh and sister rags, I've heard that after they're cut they do become blunt but over time (three weeks) the ends become loose again...but that is what I've heard.
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
I'm glad to see this topic come up because it was one of those thoughts in the back of my mind, for down the road. What happens when I want to cut my hair a little? I usually haven't grown it past my waist too much.It's great to hear experiences from those that have cut their dreads, thanks for the question and the answers!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form