Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Latching aka Crocheting?

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
I hear all this talk about latching or crocheting your locks to tighten them. Could someone please clear up exactly what this is and whether it helps your dreads or not? It'd help me and (I'm sure) a number of other people in future.Thanks!
updated by @faelwynn: 01/13/15 08:25:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i do not ev er recomnend crochettingonce you start you cant stopit breaks hairs as the needle passes throughit creates a woven look very different from normal growthand every hair u pull in breaks more which come outso for the vanity of fixing a lil fuzz you create dreads that are very high maintanance and need constant fixing for life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
15 years ago
60 posts
I crocheted two dreads just to see the damage/change in texture for myself and haven't done it since the hairs have stayed in pretty much and there isn't really any damage to speak of that i've noticed it did make them a little fatter and the texture is different but they are now starting to feel like the rest of the dread again I want to say i did this sometime between april and junebut its not really worth the annoyance to me
oraeley
@oraeley
14 years ago
6 posts
There's a great video up on youtube about how to tighten locs with the latchhook by "DynamicRunner" her method works really well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
works? define works..yes it tightens but dose a lot of damage in the process.. so the more u do it the worse your dreads get..its not smart to ddo it at all Laura Harr said:
There's a great video up on youtube about how to tighten locs with the latchhook by "DynamicRunner" her method works really well.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form