Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Couple Questions

Fush
@fush
14 years ago
19 posts
Right so My oldest couple Dreads ( I say oldest as I still haven't even finished putting them in... I'm a bit of a lazy sod haha) are locking up quite well... This first one not so much but I figure a bit of time'll fix it... It was like a practise run right? Anyways, I was looking aorund here for some topics about roots and I couldn't really find anything... Now I know it's not good to be to close to the root because it pulls and stuff... But I think I've got maybe a good four inches of Root on my hair... Will this lock up eventually a bit maybe? Or just stay loose?I was also wondering what precisely do beads do? I've heard they help with locking though I don't quite understand how haha...And do they have to be beads? I know a girl who keeps a pop can tab in hers...Using Twist n' Rip By the way... Don't have any pictures of what we're lookin' like right now but I'm quite happy with them.
updated by @fush: 01/13/15 08:35:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
4 inches is alot but u say theyre still brand spankin new so it dont matter a bit roots never need any extra effort the dread will dread towards the roots, they'll always have some space but it gets less over time typicaly u will have 1-3 inches till theyre getting mature and that will close up to bout 1/2 inchu can put anything with a round hole in as a beadok beads work in 2 ways, the obvious way by holding the hairs togetherbut also when u pus a bead on till it sticks it pushes some hairs up this causes lil loops and uneven lengths.. uneven lengths and movement help get knots formingfor instance my 1st dreads in the back only stuck beads in perfectly straight hair in no time they dreaded up fastthat might not be the clearest explanation so all ill say is it works greatumm on beads tho it can be anything with a hole but be careful but anyt5hing with edges that can snag other hairs/dreads the lil metal prongs that hold stones in rings for instance can snag hairs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fush
@fush
14 years ago
19 posts
Good to know on the roots! And I think I understand...The bead just kinda forces certain groups of hair to stay together and knot up. Maybe I'll look into getting something to stick on my less knoted dreads then... Thanks SE! :) soaringeagle said:
4 inches is alot but u say theyre still brand spankin new so it dont matter a bit roots never need any extra effort the dread will dread towards the roots, they'll always have some space but it gets less over time typicaly u will have 1-3 inches till theyre getting mature and that will close up to bout 1/2 inch

u can put anything with a round hole in as a bead

ok beads work in 2 ways, the obvious way by holding the hairs together
but also when u pus a bead on till it sticks it pushes some hairs up this causes lil loops and uneven lengths.. uneven lengths and movement help get knots forming

for instance my 1st dreads in the back only stuck beads in perfectly straight hair in no time they dreaded up fast

that might not be the clearest explanation so all ill say is it works great

umm on beads tho it can be anything with a hole but be careful but anyt5hing with edges that can snag other hairs/dreads the lil metal prongs that hold stones in rings for instance can snag hairs
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form