Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ponytail & Locking

Justin Beaumont
@justin-beaumont
14 years ago
7 posts
Hello folks,looked around some online and didn't find much on this other than people worried about kinkles or flat spots. The title pretty mch says it but I'll explain in a little more detail. I haven't had a hair cut in about four years. At first I rocked the Kurt Cobain look but as it got longer I started wearing my hair in a ponytail to keep it out of my way and looking neater. Now I've become used to my hair being back (99% of the time & for the aformentioned reasons) and I'm wondering whether this will affect the locking process. My thought process is that sincethe hair cannot move naturally it's not going to lock up. Also, I said 99%, I wear it out at night with a T-shirt over it in place of a tam or something to try to avoid loosening. Should probably mention; I back-combed my hair aprox. 2-3 weeks ago so they're youngins.Thanks in advance everyone, namaste
updated by @justin-beaumont: 02/03/18 03:42:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tying em tight especialy with rubber bands or anything can cause weak points keeping em back or in hats all the time can slow thingsid really recomend u leave em loose 50% or when u can wear in a tam when u need to mix it up more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Justin Beaumont
@justin-beaumont
14 years ago
7 posts
Thanks man, you've pretty well confirmed what I guess I was driving at. I started with small elestics at the roots (wonder where I got that idea? ...HQ) but those lasted about a week, give or take, esp. after creeping this forum for a couple days. I now have bands on several tips but I'm taking them off a few at a time. When I do tie it back I put a hair tie around everything just once so it isn't too tight. I will most def be trying to wear my hair down as much as possible now, I usually reserve this for festis and shows, esp when dancing :) ...litteraly lettin my hair down, the one time I can relax around other like minded people. Learning not to care what ppl think is going to be a huge struggle for me but I look forward to it for the most part. I also hope to invest in a tam soon. Thanks again brother, Peace be with you

soaringeagle said:
tying em tight especialy with rubber bands or anything can cause weak points keeping em back or in hats all the time can slow things id really recomend u leave em loose 50% or when u can wear in a tam when u need to mix it up more
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-shops thats a great place to get hand made tamsid rather have a hand made one of a kind tam then a mass produced one anyday

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Justin Beaumont
@justin-beaumont
14 years ago
7 posts
Agreed, 100% also thinking beads at some point in the near future may help. I should be posting some more pics soon and sorry for the double posted pics, I'm on the mobile site and can't delete.

soaringeagle said:
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-shops thats a great place to get hand made tamsid rather have a hand made one of a kind tam then a mass produced one anyday
Justin Beaumont
@justin-beaumont
14 years ago
7 posts
Great, thank you!

Lisa McRae said:
When I first got my dreads I was working with food and had to tie my hair back for about 12 hours a day, and turned out with no bad results. Just make sure it's tied loosely like you said you were doing, and you should be fine. It does make your dreads eat each other a little faster though, so separate them often :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form