Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moving To Washington State

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
A few of the members already know but I wanted to post this anyways because it is going to be a big life changing event. So anyways...I'm twenty years old. I basically have nothing and everything that I do have is back in Georgia with my grandparents in Georgia. So here's the short version of the story...I have no way to support myself and I can't get a job in Wyoming. I used to live in Georgia, I couldn't get a job there either. (Neither was because dreads, I just started growing dreads and one reason I decided to grow them was to clear my head from the world of problems) but anyways...so in an attempt to find somewhere to live that I truly love and a place that can accept me for who I am (conservative dreadhead)...I have decided to try to move to Washington, the Olympic Peninsula to be exact. Yes, I saw Twilight, yes I thought it was horrible. The books weren't so bad but the Twi girls drive me insane. No, you will never meet Edward or Jake...OR any vampire or werewolf...let it go, girls. haha but anyways, so yeah, I am take a big life changing risk because as it goes I have very little money and no way of living. I have looked into homeless shelters in Port Angeles and there is one that I will give a call. I will probably live there either until my money runs out or I find a job and get a place to live. If this doesn't work then I have no where to go and no way to live. But hopefully it will work...Yay for risk takers!Anyways, the reason for this thread is just to tell you of my upcoming life journey and to ask if anyone is from Washington. I'd like to meet some people from Washington BEFORE I leave so that I have a better chance at getting a job. I'm most likely going to leave next month so if anyone has any suggestions on jobs or anything of that nature then please post a response. I'd love to hear from people who live in Washington or people who have been there or done similar things in their lifetime.
updated by @greygargoyle: 02/14/15 11:00:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
contacy kayla barker on here shes young 15 or 16 but a wise woman anyway and her mom is old school rainbow family so can hook u up with other fam in the area so if u get stuck u got suport maybe a couch to crash onwa also has medical so getting an assistant grower type jobs not too hardthe northeast in generals fairly easy livin you'll be ok im sure kaylas mom can steer u in the right directions tooill see if shes on msn and have her get ahold of u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
damn forgot theyre travelin all summeru know what u should really do is not go to washington at all yet but the other way to the gathering then from the gathering head to wa with folks from there so u will already be established

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Thanks, SE. You're a life saver!
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
So the gathering is traveling from where to Washington?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh the gatherings eastt coast but from there ppl head all over but theres also a series of smaller regional gatherings so u could go from 1 to the next or just go from the gathering to washington it'll be easy to get a ride if u hook up with katla and fam they got a cool motorhome but there will be tons of ppl headed out that way its usualy pretty east to get to anywhere from there u could even post on the riodeshares now and probly nail down a ride both ways b4 u go

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh the gatherings eastt coast but from there ppl head all over but theres also a series of smaller regional gatherings so u could go from 1 to the next or just go from the gathering to washington it'll be easy to get a ride if u hook up with katla and fam they got a cool motorhome but there will be tons of ppl headed out that way its usualy pretty east to get to anywhere from there u could even post on the riodeshares now and probly nail down a ride both ways b4 u go

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Sweet, can you give me a link? Any chance that we may meet? Haha.You don't think they would mind though do you?What about my fiance? I was planning on her staying behind until I could get a job and living place but I couldn't do that if the trips over lasted for a long time. Over three months...with contact. I couldn't leave her for anything more than a month without contact though. soaringeagle said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
www.rainbowgatherings.org www.welcomehome.org www.welcomehere.org who wouldnt miond?do u have a vehicle?some areas in northwest are easy to just camop untill u get a job and place too i know goin east to go west seems backwards but thst way when u head west you'll know ppl there who can be there if u need em ot maybe suggest places to go and alotta em kinda live outside the box so would know ways to get by u mihht not think ofi must be getting tired cant typesend kayla a message in case she didnt leave yet i saw her logged on just a day or 3 agao i think

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Will do! Thanks SE, I'll be looking at those sites tonight.I don't have a vehicle. I have practically nothing but a bag of clothes and some Dr. Bronners, haha. I have about 160$ bucks too.Thanks again! You're always a big help.
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form