Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Changed my method

Mr.PoopBrown
@mrpoopbrown
14 years ago
11 posts
I Changed my method to the Natural/Neglect Methodits been 8 days now. i have a picture im curious when will it be straight or form up.. it looks like i just have a curly hair..
updated by @mrpoopbrown: 01/13/15 08:34:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how long is your hair its definitely showing progress but looks kinda short i think growing some will help a tonbut give it a couple weeks see what it does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mr.PoopBrown
@mrpoopbrown
14 years ago
11 posts
its 4 - 6 inch long well natural locks will take a while :D... about 3 years so my hair will be long now after that... Patience will be my friend. well its still young.. cause im doing it for 8 days now... soaringeagle said:
how long is your hair its definitely showing progress but looks kinda short i think growing some will help a ton
but give it a couple weeks see what it does
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it looks like it will dread fast with just a lil more length Mr.PoopBrown said:
its 4 - 6 inch long well natural locks will take a while :D... about 3 years so my hair will be long now after that... Patience will be my friend. well its still young.. cause im doing it for 8 days now...

soaringeagle said:
how long is your hair its definitely showing progress but looks kinda short i think growing some will help a ton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mr.PoopBrown
@mrpoopbrown
14 years ago
11 posts
ill give you its status after 1month - 2 months soaringeagle said:
it looks like it will dread fast with just a lil more length

Mr.PoopBrown said:
its 4 - 6 inch long well natural locks will take a while :D... about 3 years so my hair will be long now after that... Patience will be my friend. well its still young.. cause im doing it for 8 days now...

soaringeagle said:
oraeley
@oraeley
14 years ago
6 posts
pretty much the same as mine too. I really struggle with wanting to "fix" the unravel. Thankfully I have no time to mess with it! It's also hard since no one in my world wears dreads at all so I get comments all the time. My least favorite regarding the unravel of back combing is, "well looks like your hair is just too healthy to dread."I'm looking forward to seeing my hair mature over the next months, and hope to try the baking soda wash too...that may progress the locking. We'll see. Good luck to you!
Mr.PoopBrown
@mrpoopbrown
14 years ago
11 posts
ok thanks Laura Harr said:
pretty much the same as mine too. I really struggle with wanting to "fix" the unravel. Thankfully I have no time to mess with it! It's also hard since no one in my world wears dreads at all so I get comments all the time. My least favorite regarding the unravel of back combing is, "well looks like your hair is just too healthy to dread."

I'm looking forward to seeing my hair mature over the next months, and hope to try the baking soda wash too...that may progress the locking. We'll see. Good luck to you!
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Laura Harr said:
I'm looking forward to seeing my hair mature over the next months, and hope to try the baking soda wash too...that may progress the locking.
With that Baking Soda wash, it's normally recommended that you use Apple Cider Vinegar as apposed to Distilled White Vinegar to rinse the baking soda out of your dreads (which I suggest mixing with water to make a paste and then mushing it into your dreads) as the ACV isn't as harsh on your hair as the White is, but, sense all three of you (PoopBrown, ST, and Laura) are just starting out your dreads, if you think that they are sturdy enough to stand up to the washing, then I'd say use the White Vinegar this one time, it'll dry your hair out considerably, so let it get a little greasy before hand, but with your hair that dry it'll speed up the locking process a little bit. But I'd also start misting your babies with Sea Salt water about once a week. It's best applied while your hair is wet, helps the salt soak in.
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Nothing wrong with using white vinegar if you aint got the cash and the sea salt thing is completely unnecessary really. I really cant tell the difference between the results from the white vinegar and acv. I know that acv has more nutrients in it and vitamins but essentially its and acetic acid solution with dead bacteria floating around in it.Maybe you could use rice vinegar. Local produce? I don't know how many apple orchards making cider there are in Japan. Alden said:
Laura Harr said:
I'm looking forward to seeing my hair mature over the next months, and hope to try the baking soda wash too...that may progress the locking.
With that Baking Soda wash, it's normally recommended that you use Apple Cider Vinegar as apposed to Distilled White Vinegar to rinse the baking soda out of your dreads (which I suggest mixing with water to make a paste and then mushing it into your dreads) as the ACV isn't as harsh on your hair as the White is, but, sense all three of you (PoopBrown, ST, and Laura) are just starting out your dreads, if you think that they are sturdy enough to stand up to the washing, then I'd say use the White Vinegar this one time, it'll dry your hair out considerably, so let it get a little greasy before hand, but with your hair that dry it'll speed up the locking process a little bit. But I'd also start misting your babies with Sea Salt water about once a week. It's best applied while your hair is wet, helps the salt soak in.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form