Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How Long should my hair be before i start dreading it?

Daniel Hall
@daniel-hall
14 years ago
3 posts
my hair is down to my mouth at the front and the back is down to my shoulders almost, i have to wear a hat all the time cos it gets in way! i really want to start dreading it as soon as possible, if i start when it isnt long enough is that bad or will it just grow in???
updated by @daniel-hall: 01/13/15 08:34:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its plenty long enoughnatural dreads form with no effort at 6 inches this is the best way to dreadbut u can twist n rip at 3-4 toou can go natural from bald and let it dread as it grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
yes, start now! i didn't know about twist and rip before i found this site and it sucks because i could've started wayy earlier. natural's always easy too though. whatever floats your boat.
Daniel Hall
@daniel-hall
14 years ago
3 posts
kool thanks ppl, ill start straight away! will a flea comb be ok?! thats what some1 told me to use.. my hair is really thick should i stop washing it also? thanks for help!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why use a flea comb backcombings not the best wayu can go natural ezx or twist and rip just use your hands t&r holds together better looks way better and is lots less damagingtheres a vid in featured vids as well as a guide in links to right Daniel Hall said:
kool thanks ppl, ill start straight away! will a flea comb be ok?! thats what some1 told me to use.. my hair is really thick should i stop washing it also? thanks for help!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
What method are you using? Backcombing is not the greatest and you will lose a LOT of length. The first time I got dreads my hair was past my shoulders and just under my neck when they got tight. Although I have pretty nappy hair :)I used the twist and rip this time and my hair has barely shrunk at all and they look nice for just getting them.The natural route is really best but I just am not patient enough haha its one of my faults :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form