Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ugrent advice needed

Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
well iv had my dreads for about three months and they are pretty tight. i how ever have noticed any time i use a lather shampoo weather it be bronners or castile soap i get a very waxy feeling on my hair... though when i get done washing everything feels fine and clean. im really temped to just go at it with a normal shampoo but i know it wont do any good. when i first got dreads i did use a cream wax one time... could it be the wax im feeling? when i use baking soda i dont feel that... also the lather doesnt last to long on the dreads.. any one have any ideas? i miss having a normal lather :(
updated by @cassie-sattler: 01/13/15 08:34:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it could be the wax wax emulsifies (slightly) in soaps which i supose can bring it to the surface, spread it around somealthough it could be just the soap u feel too..u might want to do some wax removal just to see if it helpsalso i think dawn dish soap can help get some out but u gotta use a whole lotcould also be that your water types not letting u rince it well enough?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I use Lush shampoo. It's lathery and pretty normal. I used it before I had dreads too, and it never makes my hair feel funny. If you really want to try something different I would to at least get the thoughts out o the system :)
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
cool yea out oif despret messures i used suave clarifying shampoo which made a shit ton of difference i think it is hard water... even bar soap leaves a waxy feel on the skin in the shower.. any who thanks for the advice... i didnt know one could miss bubbly shampoo so much lol
Raychelicious
@raychelicious
14 years ago
14 posts
I guess there's a reason they put all that lathering agent in the shampoos...to get us addicted to it! Cassie Sattler said:
cool yea out oif despret messures i used suave clarifying shampoo which made a shit ton of difference i think it is hard water... even bar soap leaves a waxy feel on the skin in the shower.. any who thanks for the advice... i didnt know one could miss bubbly shampoo so much lol
Becca
@becca
14 years ago
4 posts
would following with an apple cidar vinegar rinse help? I had the same problem with Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree and it solved it. soaringeagle said:
it could be the wax wax emulsifies (slightly) in soaps which i supose can bring it to the surface, spread it around some
although it could be just the soap u feel too..

u might want to do some wax removal just to see if it helps
also i think dawn dish soap can help get some out but u gotta use a whole lot

could also be that your water types not letting u rince it well enough?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form