Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 to 2

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
soooo i have this lock that i reeeeeally wanna split into two cuz it gets on my nerves really bad the way it sits on my dome piece. annd its pretty damn locked. i poked a hole in the center of it at the base of the root and managed to start a rip but only could get like mebbe three quarters of an inch ripped up it. and i was reeeally pullin too... suggestions anyone? pulease. i dont wanna do something wrong and cause a shit load of detangling/unraveling or something ya know? like a sweater that you pulled one wrong string out of hahaha! thanks guys :)
updated by @anthony-williams: 02/20/18 03:27:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just try to break a couple hairs ar sa time but if its fused all the way up yu are better off leaving it alone worse case if u must absolutely do it and mind u im not recomending u do this in fact recomending u dont but if u insist then be extremely carefukluse a tiny pair of scissors hold em vertacly and snip just a couple connecting hairs ar a time just to loosen it enough to ripbut once its that fused your better off leaving it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ywea thats a better idea then what i said for sureid recomend just accepting it as is thi but shes right its way better to start it over as 2 then thry to seperate simese twins that share all the same vital organs 1 or boths bound to die Knottysleeves said:
If it's locked up tight, best to leave it. Trust me, DO NOT USE SCISSORS, because the hairs are so enmeshed in different directions that even one tiny snip can have dire consequences. (Been there, tried that, have a couple short skinny dreads to show for it!)

If it's really bothering you, try combing it out and restarting the section as two dreads. Even if you can't comb all the knots out, it'll probably unravel enough that you can rip the rest of the way.

--
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
thanks guys :) i really want this fucker split tho. its like dead center of my head about halfway back on top. and the way it lays just really sucks ya know? aaaand the section just happens to be more like rectangular than square or round or whatever. its pretty much like worse case dread scenario haha.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds awesome square dreads? round dreads? boringmore of mine are teardrop shaped oval egg yea we need pics but i bet if u leave it alone it will be your favorite dread in no time anthony williams said:
thanks guys :) i really want this fucker split tho. its like dead center of my head about halfway back on top. and the way it lays just really sucks ya know? aaaand the section just happens to be more like rectangular than square or round or whatever. its pretty much like worse case dread scenario haha.

--
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
k so i got er ripped after a ton of pulling and the two look mighty fine actually. took a good twenty minutes or so of ripping like crazy at it tho, haha.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form