Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I hope to start the dreading process this week,

Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
14 years ago
36 posts
At first I really wanted the Knotty Boy dreading kit, but now I've only heard bad things about dread wax. I admit though, I'm fairly impatient. What is a quick-ish method, that also makes nice dreads? I wanted to do them naturally at first, until I heard it could take years, and I had seen a lot of pictures on the web where they ended up just looking really gross, and not sectioned at all.(but if this isn't true, then i'd definitely do it) I can bare with a little bit of looking awkward, but I don't know about a whole year =o. Any advice? And I've heard you should use salt water and lemon juice? So many questions haha, I'm so knew. But thanks :)
updated by @rachel-guthrie: 01/13/15 08:34:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine dreaded naruraly in weeksits true natural looks funny for awhile usualy sa few months at least possibly a year but the end results will be best and last foreverif your not willing to go natural twisat and rip woeks wonders u look good from the start and dreads fastsea salt helps i wouldnt use lemmon as ut bleaches your hair gradualyand yea wax is evilso glad your avoiding thatumm natural dreads id guess on average look like dreads in a couple months but they can look like funky dreads for a while but its a beautiful organic process u fall in love with uunlike4 backcombing which causes ppl to panic the very next day and alwaysd think they need fixing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
14 years ago
36 posts
I think I'll start with twist and rip, and once I'm satisfied, I'll probably just let them do what they want. I heard you should do inch by inch squares? Will this make them thin, my goal is the medium sized ones? Thanks for the advice! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you heard that from that idiotic site i guessinch squares results in inch thick all the same dreads..boringi advise u go a week or 2 natural let the hair section itself naturally as it wishes (if any are too big split em) u want thin to medium then 1/4-1/2 inch is good 1 inch is the thickest id ever let any of mine getand the 1 inch ones are almost all 6 that combined into 1 so average size before combining 1/6 inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form