Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beautiful dreadlocks cheap as can be

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i often answer questions on yahoo answers about how much dreadlocks should cost (i assume they think dreads are done in salons)so lets break this down1stsalon dread costsmin 200 max well ive heard 700 and morethen 50-100 every 2 weeks after for maintenance and retighteningdread kits 50-70both salons and dread kits end up creating terrible dreadsthe real cost of real dreadsnothing but the cost of soap or baking sodafree way 1natural just sit back and allow dreads to happen easy as can befree way 2 twist and rip extremely easy to do yourself results are better then a saloncheap way 1$ flea comb from your local pet storethe real cost of dreads is in time not money

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:33:49PM
Mary Wilbur
@mary-wilbur
14 years ago
3 posts
I am 9 months into my dreads and they are coming along just fine in the back but the front is slower...I am a 40 year old mom of teens who keep telling me to do this and do that...All I did was stop brushing and seperate them as best I can...Loving it...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your doing it the best way there is Mary Wilbur said:
I am 9 months into my dreads and they are coming along just fine in the back but the front is slower...I am a 40 year old mom of teens who keep telling me to do this and do that...All I did was stop brushing and seperate them as best I can...Loving it...

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I didn't spend money for my dreads but I think it was a good trade. It cost me my vanity and negative self image. =DI now leave those things for people that have the patience for them.
Mary Wilbur
@mary-wilbur
14 years ago
3 posts
right on Spider Feet :) Spider Feet said:
I didn't spend money for my dreads but I think it was a good trade. It cost me my vanity and negative self image. =D

I now leave those things for people that have the patience for them.
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Haha well said! I was one day away from spending 200 bucks on salon dreads. This site and SE saved me just in time. I did twist and rip and I am pretty proud to say that I did them myself and not in some crappy salon. Spider Feet said:
I didn't spend money for my dreads but I think it was a good trade. It cost me my vanity and negative self image. =D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we are proud of you and your beautiful locks too Alicia said:
Haha well said! I was one day away from spending 200 bucks on salon dreads. This site and SE saved me just in time. I did twist and rip and I am pretty proud to say that I did them myself and not in some crappy salon.

Spider Feet said:

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Makarov said:
or you can be humble and proud and spend nothing, that is the bottom line...
hmm... Makarov... isn't that a contradiction? (humble/proud simultaniously...)and it has been my experience that many people with natural dreads are quite far from humble about them....
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I think he meant modest. Usually pretty interchangable words. Humble is an internalized process where modest is a character trait.Humility is for the self destructive in my opinion. =o Lex said:
Makarov said:
or you can be humble and proud and spend nothing, that is the bottom line...

hmm... Makarov... isn't that a contradiction? (humble/proud simultaniously...)

and it has been my experience that many people with natural dreads are quite far from humble about them....
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form