Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! A question about decoration and practicality

Mr. Nickel
@mr-nickel
14 years ago
15 posts
I have had my dreads for about a week now. I used a mixture of the back comb and the twist and rip methods. If any of you would like to know, the twist and rip method worked best for me out of the two. I heavily crotched one in the back and lightly did to another just to see how they would turn out. I guess I wanted to be a Guiney pig in a way, sacrificing a couple dreads in the name of dreadlock sciencebut thats beside the point, and I am rambling..Any how, I am wondering if dread beads and sleeves are just for decoration and if they aid or hinder the locking process in any way?I have read a lot of mixed propaganda for both sides, and I wanted to come to the people who live with dreads everyday and are not trying to peddle goods.. It is amazing how complicated finding accurate information can be on the web.. For every one site that said beads/sleeves help keep dreads tight and aided in locking and making them nice and shapely and round, there was another that said they misshape dreads, choke the life out of them, and in other ways cause harm in the long run..There are a few things they said to do that I never would, like use super glue to hold larger beads inAdvice and experiences would be appreciated.
updated by @mr-nickel: 01/13/15 08:33:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mt 1st dreads were begun by just adding beads to straight normal hair in a week or less i had dreadsthey helpi never cared about shape so i dunno i like that mine arent perfectly round and botringbut beads do help em lockand eww no glue just jam em on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i left my origi8nal beads in till they fell out probly 5 years about

--
Mr. Nickel
@mr-nickel
14 years ago
15 posts
Thanks for the quick response, and it's a pleasure hearing from you. Out of all the dreadlock websites I've found, your's has been the most helpful and honest.Yeah, the glue seemed like a bad idea.. Of course, I found that "helpful" piece of information on a site that was peddling wax, so I immediately distrusted it.. >.>I'll definately be looking around town for beads in the next few days.Do you know of any good bead websites that could use some business?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea our members make one of a kind beads click the dread shops button at top or this klink http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dread-shops James Nickel said:
Thanks for the quick response, and it's a pleasure hearing from you. Out of all the dreadlock websites I've found, your's has been the most helpful and honest.

Yeah, the glue seemed like a bad idea.. Of course, I found that "helpful" piece of information on a site that was peddling wax, so I immediately distrusted it.. >.>

I'll definately be looking around town for beads in the next few days.

Do you know of any good bead websites that could use some business?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form