Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreads

Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
14 years ago
21 posts
So I just got my dreads last thursday and was wanting se tips on what to do with them. Some people tell me to just leave them alone and some people tell me to keep messing with them and twisting them. Any tips?
updated by @richie-mulina: 01/13/15 08:33:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
leave em alone well theres 2 schools of thought 1 results in real healthy dreads that lsadt the other results in more neat fake looking dreads that are dammagd and become weakwe recomend healthy dreads that last but if yiour like going to be president someday you might opt for the neater weakker versionsthe most rewarding paty of dreading tho is not having to do a damn thing to em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
14 years ago
21 posts
Yeah that's what I thought I should do. But I have really straight fine hair and I'm just scared they're gonna fall out cuz they're really frizzy and there's a bunch of loose hairs

soaringeagle said:
leave em alone well theres 2 schools of thought 1 results in real healthy dreads that lsadt the other results in more neat fake looking dreads that are dammagd and become weak we recomend healthy dreads that last but if yiour like going to be president someday you might opt for the neater weakker versionsthe most rewarding paty of dreading tho is not having to do a damn thing to em
Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
14 years ago
21 posts
Thanks so much. That's what I've been wanting to hear. I was really worried that they would just fall out cuz my hair is so straight and fine. But I guess they won't

Knottysleeves said:
Richie, read through this site -- there are tons of posts from people with newly-started dreads and don't understand why things are coming "undone". Read all the replies... dreadlocks are not an overnight thing, they take weeks and months to develop. Loose hairs, sections that come apart, and loops and bumps etc are all a NORMAL part of the dreading process.Whatever method you used to start your dreads, remember that it's just that -- a START. Your hair is going to loosen up and move around awhile before it settles down into knots. So don't panic.The best thing to do is leave them alone. Any extra fussing you do now is just going to mess with the process, and make you worry even more that they don't look a certain way.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form