Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

donation rewards

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well brothers and sisters our 1st months donations were pretty good. the site costs are covered (i still need to figure out the exact amount)
and above that we brought in enough for possibly 2 rewards gifts, or 1 hardship gift
a new member has requested consideration for hardship help due to severe illness she needs help with meds. she is also a new admin and is helping to correct a few spelling and grammar errors around the site.
since her request her situation has improved so im unsure if she still requires help.
other options are

1 we are very close to our 1000th member i think our 1000th member to join would be a great gift possibility

2 best new thread or page of the week (must be of an educational nature not a question needing answered.. like a how to condition dreads guide or a complete african dread care guide etc and cannot duplicate existing content (we have most things covered but theres still room for creativity and expansion like a tying up dreads guide etc etc) http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/page/new click that to create a new page, after saving send me the url top be added to the links to the right

we can concider other options as well
these are just a few suggestions pen to discussion

if you would still like to donate you can do so here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/donations-1 thank you all

(if we decide on the 2 gifts ideas plese make suggestions on gifts as well)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 12:28:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
on second thought i think the rewards should go to best new vids that explain johnny cleans lies the dreadlockssite philosophy and promote the site (site promotion being secondary to providing the truth)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
did lil more research )(still need to look into it more) but google might penalize u if u have multiple domains with identicle contentso gonnas hold off and research that morei already upgraded the space and bandwifth because we were so close to the mazx alreadywere now good to about twice the size we are now breeze said:
SE, were you going to try and purchase some more domain names? Also I think you said the site needed more space for pictures and such? This site is really becoming more than just a forum , it is really becoming a true community of love, friendship, instruction, and a place to really enjoy. If we can get more donations we really need to do what we can to expand the site and keep it up to date. Being able to help members is really important to me as well as it is to each of you and I hope we can do more and more as time goes on. Me personally i don't mind helping anyone when I have the means to. I know we have lots of members and I realize there are some who joined and have never really been involved and have not posted since they joined. Should we put something in place where we try and help our members who are here posting and chatting first?

peace & love

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh sweety save it for another month when its easier this minth we got a bood bit over the site expenses so im getting a gift for the 1000th member..and 1 for best youtube vid promoting the sites philosophynext month if your doing better 10 would be great Sister Rags said:
I want to donate *something* & wish I could donate A LOT but, finances are horrible here at this time...we're literally living in economic Depression mode - internet, my sister pays for me, which is a blessing or I wouldn't have it.

So, SE, give me an idea of what a fair donation is. Is $10 for this month way too little?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
10 was average donation only 1 made a good bit more generouse donationi wouldnt laugh at 1$we are growing fast if only a small percentage of the members donated a few bucks every 3-4 months wed still be able to give back pretty much every monthanything u want to give is greatly appreciated.. and u get a hug in return :) Sister Rags said:
Wow, you're sooo kind, SE....I didn't mean to complain about my situation - I'm REALLY blessed to have a 1/2-time job and a roof so I can keep all my animals safe. California has been walloped with job loss - my husband and daughter both lost jobs months ago due to closures. We get some decent food from where I work, which is a God send.

My point, though, is I truly WANT to give something to our site here & I truly wanted to know if $10 is so low you'd laugh at me.

Brother....thanks for not laughing at me.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
get a growers liscene and u got yourself a job

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and its gonna fix the economy there im surenot the housing market maybe but whats it bring in in taxes 17 billion and rising?i just love it when spell check cant figure out my typo the word was "there" it suggested ponder burger vulgar and 1 other i forgot..nothing even close to there Sister Rags said:
Haha, yeah....that's what a lot of Californians are doing, especially a little ways north of here in the Emerald Triangle.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thank you sister :)

--
giapet
@giapet
14 years ago
9 posts
Just saw the notice about gifting the 1000th member here. I'd like to donate a bead or two. Not sure how many you need because of the count being amiss a little. As for privacy, can send all to the list owner or each winner.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats awesome of uwell i had sent out an email with the 3 names and if i remember right all 3 were just starting outthe 1 i think was the actual 1000th said he needed advice more then gifts so didnt carebut if youd like to do that thats incredibley sweet of ugod o love this site and all the people here :)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form