Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i think i have to comb out my dreads

Odin
@odin
14 years ago
15 posts
i think i have to comb out my dreads, been having them for 7 months but they're very damaged from a dread permanent, so it dosent go too well with the new growth.

would you recommend combing them out and start all over again without a dreadperm?

updated by @odin: 01/13/15 08:32:45PM
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
how about you just leave them be till the new growth is two inches or more then cut off the dread perm? they you can have nice dreads and keep all the sectioning.The damage from the perm will never be repaired, combing it out will only damage it more, so you may as well suck it up and stick it out until you can cut it off if you hate it that much.Again, combing in this case will do nothing to reverse the damage to your hair.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Combing them out won't really do much since that hair is destroyed already. You can either cut it all off or let it grow cutting the permed part a little at a time.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I only recommend the first if you want to do it all natural. They are already sectioned and growing, might as well let it keep growing unless it's physically uncomfortable.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
shes right altho the permed parts can look and feel very different so many many dread perm victims do indeed chop off the permed parts once new growth comes in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i couldnt tell u since i let miner wear off from dragging but it may unravel just a bit just to the typical amount for natural dreads to havebut thats just a maybe i dont see any real reason it would unravel muchive heard about cutting at an angle but i dunno ask Blondy249 shes cut off much of the length off her 20 year old locks Yoshi said:
That's my plan SE. If it ends up looking ok (and it may as my hair is starting to feel silky in places again as if I just conditioned it) I'll leave it be, but if the ends of my dreads look fried all to hell I'll probably cut them off.

That does bring up the question though, what is the correct way to trim a dread? My mind has a visual of a dread completely unraveling at the new ends.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form