Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seriously.....

Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Neglect is a really misleading word to use in a description of dreads.
updated by @spider-feet: 02/14/15 09:05:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i always use natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i noticed the word traditional in the tags and thats probably the best word of all

--
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
I like referring to the method as Nature Dreads breeze said:
Well thanks because i would have never seen that term had you not introduced it. I just don't like the term Neglect.

Knottysleeves said:
Thanks breeze, but it's not my term... I've seen it used on other forums. I think it's perfect. It doesn't have the negative connotations that "neglect" has.

breeze said:
What a great description....You always have the right words!

Knottysleeves said:
I much prefer the term "patience method".
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ooga booga hahaha did my dreads scare ya?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ordered a new camera will have it in a few days and plan on making a few youtube vids

--
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Oh yeah, because we all know, nothing in life can ever be perfect unless you've bought a zillion products to slather it in. Sigh.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Filled up would be correct...Oh...you said fix....lol Knottysleeves said:
Wonderful, totally unbiased quotes copy/pasted from DHHQ's infamous "Letter to Employers":
"The dreadlocks of the past that many remember from the 70's are those started by neglecting the hair. These are often unsanitary and can range from messy to downright scary." and "Since creating and maintaining dreadlocks is not very common, most common knowledge and rumors about dreadlocks refer to neglected dreads rather than maintained dreads." Says it all, doesn't it. A tub of sticky gross wax will fix those "neglected" dreads right up, mister!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and nothing can be perfect unless it conformes exactly to what experts call perfect...so all you need to do is say im an expert and i say waxy dreads are perfect dreads...see how easy it ios to deceive? Ava Natty said:
Oh yeah, because we all know, nothing in life can ever be perfect unless you've bought a zillion products to slather it in. Sigh.

--
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Yep, you gotta create the standards first, and then get people to regard them as the ideal. I hate that. At the moment I walk around with my crazy head of dreadmessness and sometimes for a tiny little second I feel inferior when I see my friends with their crocheted dreads. But only for a second, then I remind myself how happy I am that mine are unique, and theirs are all the same! <3
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form