Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks methods and maintenance the good the bad and the ugly and the beautiful

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in your opinions what are the best methods maintenances, what are the worse, and well what can make beautiful beautiful and other dreads ugly

my list
methods
best natural aka neglect
worse felting

maintenance
best ripping (all ive ever done)
worse interlocking and/or felting

ugly.. either extreme such total neglect you look like you slept in a pile of cow crap..or the other extreme so overworked theyt look fake caked in wax too perfectly round without any personality

beautiful
organic natural look that reminds you of roots of nature unique textured soft and clean free of gunks like waxes with some loose hairs waiting to dread

your lists can include multiple methods etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:32:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
True all replies are simply opinions nothing more but getting the opinions of a large group may help people understand why certain things asre not recommended Knottysleeves said:
Well, "beautiful" and "ugly" are in the mind of the beholder. :-) I personally don't like the look of highly-maintained, perfectly-uniform, no-personality dreads and wouldn't want them for myself, but if someone has those and they obviously love them and wear them with pride, then that's still a beautiful thing.

--
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
beautiful: long thick dreadlocks, especially when there are a lot of them!ugly: short thick dreadlocks, few of them. blunted dreads usually
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
All dreads are beautiful if they are loved!!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
There was a picture thread like this awhile back. But sometimes a description works really well too. :)I have seen highly maintained sets that I thought looked really great on someone, but not enough that I'd go for that or recommend it. I like to see dreads that are grown, not made....thats not a natural purist statement because even sectioned and backcombed dreads look natty after a number of years.....I think it's mostly healthy dreads that are 4+ years that really catch my attention.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea i agreee with u there.. "naturalized" is almost like natural..its just the over maintained kinda fake looking ones that dont look good to me

--
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Yeah I agree, I definitely prefer messy, natural dreads than those perfect ones that go all the way to the root...
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form