Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

salt spray additives

chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
hey, I'm running out of my current batch of salt spray. does anyone have any favorite recipes or wierd additives they like to use ?
the only essential oil i have on hand is tea tree oil, so i was wondering if i could use extracts instead. i tried putting a speck of vanilla extract on a dread just now and it smells ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.
I could see myself using a vanilla+almond spray :3

also, what is the community's opinion on using ACV or lemon juice in their sprays ?

updated by @chemowasabi: 01/13/15 08:32:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lotta ppl use lemon but i dunno why acv/lemmon would condition/soften and do the oposite of what youd want just sea salt to do not saying it as a mix does the opposite just id imagine 2 counteracting agents would be less effectivethe same with oils a few drops for scent is ok but more and your weakening the salts ability to dry the hair out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
moved to products

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
hmm vanilla sounds pretty delicious :Phaven't messed around with them enough to find exactly what I like tho
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I don't use salt spray, but I've always liked rose oil.....It's a very, very strong scent though so use very sparingly....like putting a few drops on a rag and putting it in the drier with your clothes. People have strong emotional connections to smells so it's always interesting to see how scents effect them.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form