Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

will kirks castile soap work for washing?

Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
i have used dr b in the past and found it didnt do anything to get the drit and crap out of my hair. ity smelt good but took alot to lather. iv been using the avc bs rinse and that seems to be the best way so far but i was curious to see if kirks coco castile soap bar would work if i made my own shampoo mix out of it. it appears to be all natural and stuff. opiunions or ideas?
updated by @cassie-sattler: 02/14/15 09:05:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i just read itit sounds way too conditioningn and contains silphates which maybe not as bad as sls im not sure but was told to avoid all sulphates (i think sls is also derived from coconut oil too)u can try it and use it on body if u dont like it but to me it sounds very conditioning so wouldnt try it often except on mature very dry dreadsits probably 2/3 conditioners tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
yea ill do a test on one dread to see how much i can use id prolly only put a bit of it grated in to a solution so i have actual lathery soap.. thanks though i just want ideas and other peoples perspectives soaringeagle said:
i just read it
it sounds way too conditioningn and contains silphates which maybe not as bad as sls im not sure but was told to avoid all sulphates (i think sls is also derived from coconut oil too)
u can try it and use it on body if u dont like it but to me it sounds very conditioning so wouldnt try it often except on mature very dry dreads

its probably 2/3 conditioners tho
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I use this stuff on my dreads, and I always follow with a baking soda rinse. I don't think it's conditioning. When I say that, I mean that it doesn't make my hair feel slick. It seems to reduce the slickness in my hair. My locks get tighter after a wash because of the increased friction.Now, I don't know if this is caused by a stripping of oils from the hair, or if it leaves a tacky residue. Anyway, I haven't had any dreads fall apart, and I use Kirks now instead of Dr. B's.
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
sweet do you use it mixed with anything? becides the bs? i was thinking of grating it and adding enstial oils and water to make a more liquid shampoo feel :P Ryan Emmel said:
I use this stuff on my dreads, and I always follow with a baking soda rinse. I don't think it's conditioning. When I say that, I mean that it doesn't make my hair feel slick. It seems to reduce the slickness in my hair. My locks get tighter after a wash because of the increased friction.

Now, I don't know if this is caused by a stripping of oils from the hair, or if it leaves a tacky residue. Anyway, I haven't had any dreads fall apart, and I use Kirks now instead of Dr. B's.
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
Nah, I rub the bar right on my scalp. It doesn't take much to do the job. Let me know how your shampoo goes, if you decide to do it.
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
sweet will do im going to add esential oils and such as well Ryan Emmel said:
Nah, I rub the bar right on my scalp. It doesn't take much to do the job. Let me know how your shampoo goes, if you decide to do it.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
hey i saw ur pics in knotty boy gallery! just saying.
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
yea that was before i hated their line of products :P IllumiKnotty said:
hey i saw ur pics in knotty boy gallery! just saying.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
have you tried their shampoo bar? i was thinking of ordering it when my DreadHeadHQ Shampoo runs out
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form